WK 6 Discussion Post Photo Critique
Congratulations! You and your colleagues have created an online art exhibit. By creating and submitting your photographic series last week, you have participated in a unique class experience. Recall that in the Week 3 Discussion your Instructor assigned partners to critique each other’s photographs. For this week’s Discussion, you will critique the photographic series of your same partner in order to analyze its intent. Your partner’s photographic series should have been uploaded to this week’s Discussion by Day 7 of last week.
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Read the Jonathan Jones article from this week’s Learning Resources.
- Review the websites in this week’s Learning Resources for more inspiration and examples of photographs.
- Review your partner’s Final Project photographic series, which was submitted to this week’s Discussion as part of last week’s Final Project Assignment.
- Consider the following questions regarding process in your partner’s photographic series:
- To what extent is the work subjective or objective?
- Would you consider the series conventional or challenging? Why?
- What is the purpose of the elements used and the order in which the photographs appear in the series?
- Are the photographs in the series clearly planned, or do they appear in a random presentation in order to gain more of an emotional reaction?
- Was the series more of a documentary to report a situation to the viewer, or was the intent of the series to express or persuade the viewer to have or express a particular attitude?
- Are the photographs in the series simple or complex compositions? How does this affect the intended viewpoint and understanding of the viewer?
- Have delay tactics been used to create interest or ambiguity in the composition of the photographs in the series?
- What is the style of the photographs in this series?
With these thoughts in mind:
By Day 3
Post a critique of your partner’s Final Project photographic series (Approximately 2–3 paragraphs). Consider each of the following:
- Evaluate how the content and composition of the photographic series is presented either clearly or ambiguously to the viewer. Explain to what extent these choices may influence the viewer’s perception of the series.
- Analyze how the subjects in the photographic series relate to each other.
- Describe to what extent you believe the intent of the photographic series contributes to the telling of a subjective or objective story.
Cite at least one example from the course readings to support your response.
ALSO PLEASE BE KIND AND RESPECTFUL IN YOUR CRITIQUE.
- Discount Assign
- Math Guruu
- Amanda Smith
- professor mitch
- Michelle Mutheu
- Kelly Jacobs
- RELIABLE PAPERS
- RESPECT WRITER
- Catherine Owens
- Dr Candice_2547
- brilliant answers
- kim woods
- Terry Roberts
- Emily Michael
- Rey writer
- Wendy Lewis
- All Works solver
- Stano 001
- Proff work phd
- Jayce writer
- Dr. Elahi
- phyllis young
- Saad Fahim
- THE NERD
- Paula Hog
- MathStat Genius