What 3 primary strategies can be used to maintain biodiversity? Explain how they work.
Reading Assignment #3
Read Chapters 8 and 9 in the Essential Environment to answer the following questions:
1) 2 pts. What is biodiversity? Provide 3 examples of ecosystem services that are primarily the result of biodiversity.
2) 2 pts. What 3 primary strategies can be used to maintain biodiversity? Explain how they work.
3) 1 pt. What are the characteristics of species that most easily survive human disturbances?
4) 2 pt. What are the ecosystem services provided by forests? Are there components to these aspects of forest ecosystems that are composed of more than a large population of trees? Explain clearly.
5) 1 pt. Why do primary forests contain more biodiversity than secondary forests?
6) 1 pt. How do forests and reforestation help mitigate climate change? Explain why forests matter when addressing climate change.
7) 1 pt. Current climate negotiations include programs such as REDD and REDD+. Explain what these programs are, and how they are supposed to work.
Purchase the answer to view it