Wendy Lewis 3anuravow
Part One: Informed Consent
Complete this assignment in the Bongo environment by clicking on the attachment link, which will launch a new browser window. Refer to the Course Materials for additional guidance on completing assignments with Bongo. You will need to select "Meeting" from the options and remember to record each meeting.
Watch the videos in the topical Study Materials that demonstrate counseling micro skills. Review the “Skills Video Best Practices” and the “Counseling Skills Scale” documents in the topical Study Materials prior to recording your video. Take note of the specific skills in each area as you prepare to record your video.
Ask a volunteer to let you practice with them. Once they have agreed, have them complete the attached "Volunteer Counseling Recording Informed Consent Form." Make sure the volunteer initials each section and signs and dates the form. The form must be completed and in your hand prior to recording any sessions with the volunteer.
Part Two: Record a Video Session Using Bongo
This video should be between 10-15 minutes in length. In this video, you will be practicing the skills learned in Topic 2: Empathetic Listening, Probing, and Summarizing and the Topic 3 skills on Challenging a Client. Ask your volunteer to discuss something that is bothering them. When recording the video be sure that you have your camera on so you can be seen in the video. The scenario discussed in the session should be fictional. Your job is to do the following:
- Demonstrate empathetic listening skills.
- Demonstrate active listening skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to use open-ended questions to move the session forward.
- Demonstrate summarizing skills, particularly during transitions in the session.
- Demonstrate the ability to challenge the client in a caring way.
- Demonstrate the ability to point out discrepancies between what the client is saying and their behavior.
- Demonstrate the ability to challenge dysfunctional thinking, irrational beliefs, and/or distorted expectations.
- Demonstrate the ability to point out client blind spots or self-destructive behavior.
Part Three: Counseling Skills Scale Reflection
Complete and submit the "Counseling Skills Scale" document by evaluating the skills you demonstrated in the video. In addition, submit a completed copy of the "Volunteer Counseling Recording Informed Consent Form."
- 2 years ago
- Business Law contracts Part1
- ASSIGNED TO DOCTOR MITCH
- Read and complete worksheet NO PLAGIARISM!
- leg420 week 7 1
- Investment decisions
- NUR-504 Week 5 Assignment CLC - EBP Literature Search, Appraisal of Evidence
- Identify, define, and describe the three or four most important elements of an Information Security Plan. Be sure to identify and support why your selected elements are the most important.
- unit 4 homework
- Dropbox Assignment: Discuss probation and parole
- Assignment 2: internal and external stakeholders Need ASAP