WEEK6-ResearchPaper-Emerging Threats & Countermeasuresareddy
Course: Emerging Threats & Countermeasures
LATE SUBMISSION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED BY PROF.
Due Date – 1 day
Research Paper: Penetration testing is a simulated cyberattack against a computer or network that checks for exploitable vulnerabilities. Pen tests can involve attempting to breach application systems, APIs, servers, inputs, and code injection attacks to reveal vulnerabilities. In a well-written, highly-detailed research paper, discuss the following:
- What is penetration testing
- Testing Stages
- Testing Methods
- Testing, web applications and firewalls
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be approximately five pages in length, not including the required cover page and reference page. (Remember, APA is double spaced)
- Follow APA 7 guidelines. Your paper should include an introduction, a body with fully developed content, and a conclusion.
- Support your answers with the readings from the course and at least two scholarly journal articles to support your positions, claims, and observations, in addition to your textbook. The UC Library is a great place to find resources.
- Be clearly and well-written, concise, and logical, using excellent grammar and style techniques. You are being graded in part on the quality of your writing.
Chapters 15 and 16 in the course textbook
Wangen, G., Snekkenes, E., & Hallstensen, C. (2018). A framework for estimating information security risk assessment method completeness. International Journal of Information Security, 17(6), 681–699. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10207-017-0382-0
A. Goutam and V. Tiwari, "Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing to Enhance the Security of Web Application," 2019 4th International Conference on Information Systems and Computer Networks (ISCON), Mathura, India, 2019, pp. 601-605.
G. Yadav, A. Allakany, V. Kumar, K. Paul and K. Okamura, "Penetration Testing Framework for IoT," 2019 8th International Congress on Advanced Applied Informatics (IIAI-AAI), Toyama, Japan, 2019, pp. 477-482.
Required Books & Resources
Title: (ISC)2 CISSP Certified Information Systems Security Professional Official Study Guide (In Classroom)ISBN: 9781119475958Authors: Mike Chapple, James Michael Stewart, Darril Gibson Publisher: John Wiley & SonsPublication Date: 2018-04-10
"NO PLAGIARISM" Plagiarism includes copying and pasting material from the internet into assignments without properly citing the source of the material.
- 6 months ago
- For Brick Kin
- Discussion for Madam Sophia ONLY
- IT Project Management Dependencies*****Already A++ Rated Tutorial Use as Guide Paper*****
- mexican revolution essay
- EXCLUSIVELY FOR MADAMPROFESSOR
- wk 6 ass bus310
- HRM 548 Week 4 Assignment Forward Style Inc. Employee Policy Memo
- YTHOMIT ONLY ALL OTHERS PLEASE DO NOT MESSAGE ME