After reading chapters 1,2,3 & 19. Answer the following questions based on the information provided. Answer should be own in own words and APA format must
1. BUSINESS ORGANIZATIONS
Jaffe Desk and Jordan Reilly just graduated from UC with a master’s degree in marketing and public health. They want to establish healthcare business that will source and distribute pharmaceutical products in the United States and internationally. Jaffe and Jordan know that before they can invest their time and other resources in the project, they must obtain financing, which means that they must raise money to pay for the investment cost and other operating expenses. Because the company might not be listed in any capital market right away, they will not be able to raise equity funding from the public. Therefore, they are considering raising long-term capital from various sources including angel investors, venture capital market, bank loans, crowdfunding, and initial coin offerings (ICOs). They learnt in corporate finance course the advantages and disadvantages of different forms of business organizations. They are worried about the legal concept of limited liability and how it will affect their personal fortunes in the future in case the business fails. They are not very sure which form of business organization to set up to protect their personal liability, reduce taxes, and access external funding. Therefore, they are considering a partnership, a limited liability, or a corporation. A cash budget they prepared shows that $5 million seed money would be needed to hire staff, buy computers, rent an office space, promote, and market the business as well as to meet other business development expenditures. They have agreed to share profits and losses equally if they decide to form a limited partnership. The general partner will, however, be paid a fixed salary of $6,000 per month before taxes and other payroll deductions.
In order to make good and right decision, Jaffe and Jordan have approached you to help them understand the concept of limited liability, advantages, and disadvantages of the various forms of business organizations and possible sources of funding for the business.
- 1) Explain the legal concept of limited liability to Jaffe and Jordan
- 2) Give 2 advantages and 2 disadvantages of each of the following forms of business organization to Jaffe and Jordan:
- limited liability, and
- 3) Ultimately, what form of business organization would you recommend Jaffe and Jordan to consider. Why?
- 4) Based on your recommendation above, explain to Jaffe and Jordan if the following sources of raising long-term capital are appropriate for them:
- angel investors (angels)
- venture capital
- initial coin offering, and
- long-term debt
- 7 months ago
- 5020 Unit 2 Discussion 2
- any taker for this assignment?
- Two set of discussions questions to post for MBA level Human Resource Management Online!
- FOR KIM WOODS ONLY
- Research about art class, describe the picture and talking about the 3 picture I need 5 pages plz
- History 2
- Health Admin
- NOT RATED
After reading attached image-1 & image-2 and after reading chapters 1,2,3 & 19(from attached textbook) answer the questions mentioned in image attachments(1&2).
Answer should be in …7 months ago