WEEK 6 DISCUSSION (see attached files)
WELCOME to the discussion for WEEK 6. Please respond in complete sentences for each question, unless directed to do otherwise, demonstrating in your reply that you have read the material in order to receive full credit.
Topic 1: The Digital Divide
This week you read Digital Divide in a Global Economy by Jack Lule
More than just a tool for information transfer, the Internet has become a conduit for a globalized workforce. However, as the Internet has become integrated into daily business life, a digital divide has emerged. Some derive the benefits of Internet access, but many others do not.
- Could the digital divide change the way people think about themselves in relation to the rest of the world? Provide experiences, observations, or references to Week 6’s readings that helped shaped your opinion.
- What barriers exist that make it difficult to close the digital divide in developing economies like India and China? What barriers exist in a developed country such as America?
Topic 2: Digital Natives Digital Immigrants
This week you read Digital Natives, Digital Immigrants by Mark Prensky
According to Prensky, today’s students are no longer the people our educational system was designed to teach. Prensky also pointed out that there needs to be a switch in the way in which educators teach because students are losing out due to the “old fashioned” methods of teaching which are still being used today.
Do you agree that educators have to keep abreast of the technological changes and adjust the curriculum accordingly? (justify and support your answer).
Posting instructions :
Please read this information extremely carefully:
- Please include the topic number and title in your subject name for each discussion throughout the course.. For instance, Topic 2 Open World. It has to be clear what you are answering so ensure you clearly label.
- Do not attach answers or files in discussion unless directions state to do so.
- You must respond in complete sentences for each question, unless directed to do otherwise. Ensure you answer each question within the topic as this week there are multiple questions in the topics.
- Minimum Topic Response: Posts need to be at least a 70 words, substantive and answer all parts.. If your reply for this question is less than 70 words and not substantive, you will lose points. You can use Microsoft Word to count the words in your response to make sure you have met the requirement.
- :) to indicate a smile and lol for laughter is fine and I may use it myself from time to time in discussion. I would give deductions for other text speak such as using "u" for "you" etc.
- Each topic must be answered in a separate post.
- Answer posted in an organized manner.
- If references are used they need to be cited appropriately. Realize that to answer substantively you may need to do research and if so reference appropriately.
- Do not in any discussions cover same topic/product/website etc for separate topics
- After you post please review it to make sure it is formatted correctly and is easy to read and has no spelling errors
- RESPECT WRITER
- Miss Lynn
- Terry Roberts
- brilliant answers
- ANN HARRIS
- Dr Candice_2547
- Megan Tillman
- ENS. writer
- prof avril
- JOHN JUNIOR001
- Wendy Lewis
- kim woods
- Jessica Luis
- Catherine Owens
- Dr R Judy Mark
- Miss Professor
- Rey writer
- Jenny Boom
- Colossal Genius
- Tiny Chris
- Nancy Drew
- phyllis young
- PROF washington watson
- All Works solver
- nadia tutor
- Phd christine
- Arslan Amjad
- Jenifer Jones
- Megan Fox
- Emily Michael