Week 6 Assignment 1
Assignment 1: You’ve Got This: Planning for Success
When you leave your first term course, you will enter into your program of study. You want to make sure all necessary variables that impact your future success (including both strengths and weaknesses) are identified and solutions proposed. Planning cannot prevent a tragedy, but it can prevent a single event from snowballing into a disaster. What steps have you taken to make sure that you will have access to the Internet regardless of weather conditions?? Have you reviewed your program of study? Do you know what the add/drop timeline looks like? Have you spoken to your advisor?/p>
Graphic Credit: Microsoft Corporation. (Producer). MC900441310 [Illustration of a green check mark]. Retrieved February 6, 2014 from http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/images/results.aspx?qu=check+mark&ex=1#ai:MC900441310
Make sure that you pay attention to the details when you are first starting out. Students are often proud of multitasking, but when you first start a program online, you need to provide your full attention to the task at hand. Encountering curriculum that is both professionally and personally useful is transformational. Walden University wants to help you discover that school can be an oasis of serenity once you fully engage with the learning process. Knowledge, once applied, is fully yours. Each component of the courses you are taking will be applicable to your professional and personal life in some manner.
It is hard to learn when you are sad, hungry, angry, or exhausted, so it is important to take care of your basic needs as part of your plan for success. Making a space to learn, and creating a ritual around learning can buffer it from the other parts of your life. It is like finding a sunny place for a plant to thrive. You need to be in the zone to learn, and you might have to take some time to think deliberately about what that space would look like.
Being a Walden student can mean learning on the go. Your success plan will follow you throughout your time at Walden. The course materials that you’ve created this term will serve as a reminder for you of the brave steps you are taking to complete your undergraduate degree. You’ve got this, and we’ve got your back the whole way!
In this Assignment you will develop a Personal Success Plan that includes both short-term and long-term goals.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Review your Weekly Journal entries, your initial Discussion posts, Assignments submissions, and Self-Assessments.
- Consider how you have grown or changed your perspective throughout this course.
- Were you surprised by any of the scores you received? What resources will you use this term to enhance your skills in the areas that you’ve covered?
- Review the Personal Success Plan Checklist and Worksheet (Word document).
- Watch the Scholar of Change videos.
By Day 5
Submit your Personal Success Plan using the Personal Success Plan Checklist and Worksheet in this week’s Learning Resources.
- PowerPoint Presentation and Handout format Instructions for Professor Anthony
- Android app Development
- Paper on Evolution of a Species
- Business Plan (Zeek the Geek)
- only Taylor Rodman
- Michael Smith - Taking a bite out of Apple
- 8 pm due
- Briefly describe the 5 pieces of project management.
- Research DB 1
- ten principles