WEEK 2 DISCUSSION
WELCOME to the discussion for WEEK 2. Please respond in complete sentences for each question, unless directed to do otherwise, demonstrating in your reply that you have read the material in order to receive full credit.
Topic 1: Social Media
This week, you watched the Social Media Revolution 2018 #Socialnomics.
As you review the multiple statistics that display in Social Media Revolution 2018 #Socialnomics, assess the impact of social media in your life.
What role does Social Media play in your life? Are you aware of the social media policies of the organizations where you work, attend school, or volunteer? Have you used social media to resolve problems, participate in a cause you are passionate about, or to learn about UMUC? How does Social Media impact your personal and professional communications?
Topic 2: Digital Humanitarianism
This week you also watched Innovations in Humanitarian Relief (PBS online video)
In the wake of natural disasters and acts of terror, several tech companies are making an effort to improve traditional responses effort in humanitarian relief.
Do you think that humanitarian aid workers constantly need new ways of thinking, new products and new processes to better respond to disasters? Why or why not?
Topic 3: Cognitive Surplus
This week you also watched two other videos relating to social media: How online social movements translate to offline results and Examples of Cognitive Surplus.
- In recent years, social media has played a key role in organizing and getting protesters into the streets in the U.S. and around the world.
- Clay Shirky discusses on a macro level how the world has evolved in this connected age, and how we now have an opportunity as a global society, through technology, to come together and affect real change, particularly if we focus on “civic” endeavors.
Please discuss ONE topic of either video that stood out to you.
Please read this information carefully:
- Please include the topic number and title in your subject name for each discussion throughout the course.. For instance,
- Topic 1: Social Media. It has to be clear what you are answering so ensure you clearly label.
- Do not attach answers or files in discussion unless directions state to do so.
- You must respond in complete sentences for each question, unless directed to do otherwise. Ensure you answer each question within the topic as this week there are multiple questions in the topics.
- Minimum Topic Response: Posts need to be at least a 70 words, substantive and answer all parts.. If your reply for this question is less than 70 words and not substantive, you will lose points. You can use Microsoft Word to count the words in your response to make sure you have met the requirement.
- :) to indicate a smile and lol for laughter is fine and I may use it myself from time to time in discussion. I would give deductions for other text speak such as using "u" for "you" etc.
- Each topic must be answered in a separate post.
- Answer posted in an organized manner.
- If references are used they need to be cited appropriately. Realize that to answer substantively you may need to do research and if so reference appropriately.
- Do not in any discussions cover same topic/product/website etc for separate topics
- After you post please review it to make sure it is formatted correctly and is easy to read and has no spelling errors
- see attached files
- KATHERINE BECKS
- Discount Assign
- Professor Lizz
- Prof. Celine M.
- Prof Allan
- Jessica Luis
- kim woods
- Catherine Owens
- Dr R Judy Mark
- Rey writer
- Angelina May
- Colossal Genius
- Prof. Esmeralda
- Tiny Chris
- phyllis young
- All Works solver
- university work
- Dr. AccountingNick
- Madni laryb
- Emily Michael