Week 10 Assignment: Special Examinations—Breast, Genital, Prostate, and Rectal/Genitalia assessmenttrishnels
In this Lab Assignment, you will analyze an Episodic note case study that describes abnormal findings in patients seen in a clinical setting. You will consider what history should be collected from the patients, as well as which physical exams and diagnostic tests should be conducted. You will also formulate a differential diagnosis with several possible conditions.
- Review the Episodic note case study for this week’s Assignment.
- Based on the Episodic note case study:
- Review this week’s Learning Resources, and consider the insights they provide about the case study. Refer to Chapter 3 of the Sullivan resource to guide you as you complete your Lab Assignment.
- Search the Walden library or the Internet for evidence-based resources to support your answers to the questions provided.
- Consider what history would be necessary to collect from the patient in the case study.
- Consider what physical exams and diagnostic tests would be appropriate to gather more information about the patient’s condition. How would the results be used to make a diagnosis?
- Identify at least five possible conditions that may be considered in a differential diagnosis for the patient.
The Lab Assignment
Using evidence-based resources from your search, answer the following questions and support your answers using current evidence from the literature.
- Analyze the subjective portion of the note. List additional information that should be included in the documentation.
- Analyze the objective portion of the note. List additional information that should be included in the documentation.
- Is the assessment supported by the subjective and objective information? Why or why not?
- Would diagnostics be appropriate for this case, and how would the results be used to make a diagnosis?
- Would you reject/accept the current diagnosis? Why or why not? Identify three possible conditions that may be considered as a differential diagnosis for this patient. Explain your reasoning using at least three different references from current evidence-based literature.
Week 10 Assignment: Special Examinations—Breast, Genital, Prostate, and Rectal/Genitalia assessment
CC: “I have bumps on my bottom that I want to have checked out.”
HPI: AB, a 21-year-old WF college student reports to your clinic with external bumps on her genital area. She states the bumps are painless and feel rough. She states she is sexually active and has had more than one partner during the past year. Her initial sexual contact occurred at age 18. She reports no abnormal vaginal discharge. She is unsure how long the bumps have been there but noticed them about a week ago. Her last Pap smear exam was 3 years ago, and no dysplasia was found; the exam results were normal. She reports one sexually transmitted infection (chlamydia) about 2 years ago. She completed the treatment for chlamydia as prescribed.
Medications: Symbicort 160/4.5mcg
FH: No hx of breast or cervical cancer, Father hx HTN, Mother hx HTN, GERD
Social: Denies tobacco use; occasional etoh, married, 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys)
VS: Temp 98.6; BP 120/86; RR 16; P 92; HT 5’10”; WT 169lbs
Heart: RRR, no murmurs
Lungs: CTA, chest wall symmetrical
Genital: Normal female hair pattern distribution; no masses or swelling. Urethral meatus intact without erythema or discharge. Perineum intact. Vaginal mucosa pink and moist with rugae present, pos for firm, round, small, painless ulcer noted on external labia
Abd: soft, normoactive bowel sounds, neg rebound, neg Murphy’s, neg McBurney
Diagnostics: HSV specimen obtained
PLAN: This section is not required for the assignments in this course (NURS 6512) but will be required for future courses.
By Day 7 of Week 10
- a year ago
- Stifling of Language and my Discourse Community
- MGT/ 498 Strategy Implementation, Evaluation and Control
- Problem # 2: (7 Points) For a certain small town, the table shows the demand schedule for water. Assume the marginal cost of supplying water is constant at $4 per bottle for a firm in all the problems.
- Case study
- BSHS 485 Week 5 Tobacco Program Coalition Pin It Navigate to the CDC Website. In the search bar type in, "Best Practices for Comprehensive Tobacco Control Programs". Please note, this assignment will require you to locate a document from the CDC (Cente
- 500 words essay
- CIS HW
- 10 q ecommerc virtual orgnization plus 11 slides (The company is NAMSHI )
- English 102 750 word essay
- Wendy Lewis only