w1 us only the references given
Leadership and management are two terms that are used interchangeably but represent different roles that have different functions. Understanding the differences and similarities is essential for social work administrators as they develop leadership strategies within organizations. Understanding the functions associated with leadership and management roles can influence how social workers supervise and work with colleagues in administrative practice. As you prepare for this Discussion, consider how your understanding of leadership and management roles might affect you when you assume a supervisory position.
Post an analysis of the similarities and differences of leadership and management roles as they relate to human services organizations. Include how your understanding of these roles may affect you as you assume a supervisory position.
Support your post with specific references to the resources. Be sure to provide full APA citations for your references.
Lauffer, A. (2011). Understanding your social agency (3rd ed.). Washington, DC: Sage.
Chapter 1, “Where Your Agency Came From and Where It’s Going” (pp. 2–31)
Prequel to Chapter 2, “Meet the Staff Members” (pp. 35–37)
Chapter 2, “Concepts, Theories, and Classifications” (pp. 38–65)
Chapter 7, “Organizational Culture” (pp. 210–240)
Chapter 8, “Leadership, Management, and Governance” (pp. 243–280)
- Discussion 6
- Discussion question
- HRM 587 (Managing Organizational Change) Week 6 A+ Graded
- Week 5 Learning Team Integrative Problems and Virtual Organization Strategy Paper / FIN 370 / FIN370 / FIN/370
- for smartperson1 only
- Huffman Trucking Driver Log System (Normalized ERD)
- Consider the following two propositions: p: It snows tonight. q: I will stay home. Use negation (~), conjunction (˄),
- Principal-Agent problem
- economic theory concerning decisions