Unit Questions - Northern European Renaissance
Choose three of the following questions and write a 150-350 word response to each question (points deducted for not meeting word count requirements). Include the question at the top of your response. Put all responses into one document – in other words don’t submit the assignment multiple times, once for each response. Remember – you MUST put information in your own words (this includes information from your text book and online sources) or it is considered plagiarism and you will receive a score of 1 on the assignment.
SELECT THREE below
1. What affect did Protestantism have on the Art AND Music of northern Europe? Give at least one specific example for BOTH art and music.
2. Look on the internet and find some words and phrases that Shakespeare added to the English language. Â What are some of these words and phrases? Why would these "made-up" words and phrases from over 500 years ago be in our everyday language today?
3. Name at least 3 examples of the heightened realism presented in van Eyck's Arnolfini portrait? Name at least 3 examples of symbolism in the picture.
4. What are some of the various themes and enigmas found in Bosch's Garden of Earthly Delights? Name at least 3 examples of symbolism used by Bosch. What do you think of Bosch's work?
5. Name at least 3 unique features of Durer's style? What did he learn from Italian art?
6. What effect did the printing press have on Renaissance culture?