Assessment of Cardiorespiratory Fitness and Muscular Strength and Endurance
View an introduction to the Assignment. Be sure to adjust your audio settings.
Unit Outcomes addressed in this Assignment:
- Measure and assess your cardiorespiratory endurance.
- Measure and assess muscular strength and endurance.
- Design an appropriate cardiorespiratory and muscular strength and endurance exercise program.
Course Outcome assessed/addressed in this Assignment:
EF205-3: Evaluate current strategies used in aerobic and anaerobic training.
For this Assignment you are going to complete the following series of labs in order to complete your self-assessment on cardiovascular fitness and muscular strength and endurance:
- Measure your resting heart rate.
- Determine your target heart rate range for cardiovascular exercise.
- Complete the Rockport 1-mile walk test.
- If possible complete the 1.5-mile Cooper jog test.
- Complete the YMCA 3-minute step test.
- Complete the Cadence push-up test and norms.
- Complete the YMCA half sit-up test and norms.
Please submit a 2-page APA-formatted summary on the following questions:
- Discuss the importance of cardiovascular exercise and muscular strength and endurance.
- Discuss the testing protocols for each assessment taken.
- What were your results for each test? Discuss your findings, and interpret and compare your scores to others in your cohort.
- Does your current CV activity level and muscle-strengthening program meet exercise and fitness guidelines according to the CDC? Why or why not? What specific cardiorespiratory and muscle-strengthening exercises do you incorporate or plan on incorporating into your exercise routine? What are your specific goals for improvement for cardiovascular endurance and muscular strength and endurance?
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2018). Physical activity basics. Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/physicalactivity/basics/index.htm
Exrx.net. (2018). Curl-up / half sit-up test. Retrieved from https://www.exrx.net/Calculators/CurlUp
Exrx.net. (2018). Rockport walk test. Retrieved from https://www.exrx.net/Calculators/Rockport
Sparkpeople.com. (2018). The 3-minute step test. Retrieved from https://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/fitness_articles.asp?id=1115
Topendsports.com. (2018). Cadence push-up test. Retrieved from http://www.topendsports.com/testing/tests/pushup.htm
Topendsports.com. (2018). Cooper 1.5 mile / 2.4 km run test. Retrieved from https://www.topendsports.com/testing/tests/2-4-km-run.htm
- This paper should be 2 pages in length, written in APA format, and utilize references.
Please be sure to download the file “Writing Center Resources” from Course Documents to assist you with meeting APA expectations for written assignments.
Submitting Your Work
Put your responses in a Microsoft Word document and submit it to the Unit 6 Assignment Dropbox.
To view your graded work, come back to the Dropbox or go to the Gradebook after your instructor has evaluated it. Make sure that you save a copy of your submitted project.
- PROVEN STERLING
- Prof Berry
- grA+de plus
- wizard kim
- Rewrick Patand
- PROF. ANN
- Paula Hog
- Young Nyanya
- Amanda Smith
- American Tutor
- Sasha Spencer
- PROF washington watson
- Homework Pro
- professor mitch
- Essays Guru
- work solutions
- Ranchoddas Chanchad PhD
- Colossal Genius
- Ashley Claire
- prof avril
- brilliant answers
- Quickly answer
- Asad Ullah
- Brilliant Geek
- runge-kutta acer
- quality work for all
- michael smith
- Dr R Judy Mark
- Catherine Owens
- Rey writer
- Tiny Chris
- Dr. Elahi
- Emily Clare
- Dr Candice_2547
- Ultimate GEEK
- kim woods
- Emily Michael
- Mary Warnock PhD
- RESPECT WRITER
- Terry Roberts
- Wendy Lewis
- Casey Celia
- phyllis young
- Jenny Boom
- RELIABLE PAPERS
- BRENDAH LEE
- Miss Professor
- Eva Green
- Stano 001
- Prof. Massarra
- Academic Mentor
- Phd christine
- Saad Fahim
- Bethuel Best
- Maybe later
- ANT.101, WK5, DS1 Ethics in Anthropology
- Managing Healthcare Teams and Talent
- class test
- Using the multiple regression results below, answer the questions that follow (standard errors are in parenthesis below coefficient estimates). Assume...
- answer the question
- i need some edit on my essay