Unit 2 Assignment: Supporting Paragraph (ENG110 College Writing)ceteiv
In this assignment, you will be creating one paragraph in which you respond to a question with evidence and practice writing in the third-person perspective.Read the assignment sheet - Alternative Formats for the detailed instructions, grading criteria, and grading rubric.
Read this article: Debate on Face Masks Divides Air-Travel Industry • Gangitano, A. (2020, August 6). Debate on face masks divides air-travel industry. The Hill, https://thehill.com/policy/transportation/510791-debate-on-face-masks-dividesair-travel-industry
You will be creating one paragraph that answers the following question:
• Why or why not should passengers be required to wear a face mask on a plane?
You will write that paragraph in third person (he, she, they, one, it, people) and not use first (me, us, our, we, my, I) or second person (you, your). Most academic writing is done in third person rather than first or second person because the writing is more objective.
The key to this assignment is to make sure that the seven-to-nine sentence paragraph you write only has one topic and includes evidence to support that topic. Review the Citing Evidence interactive in this unit for information on how to include a direct quote in your work. Your evidence should go in the middle of the paragraph so that you can completely introduce it and explain how it supports your topic. (See step-by-step instructions about creating a paragraph with evidence.)
Answer the question above in one paragraph comprised of at least seven (7) to nine (9) sentences. You should use one direct quote from the article.
1. First, begin your paragraph with a clear topic sentence that states where you stand on the question above.
2. Next, include supporting sentences that explain and prove your topic. Next, remember to not use the words “me,” “I,”“us,” “we,” “our,” “you,” and “your”.
3. Then, in the center of your paragraph, include a direct quote from the reading as one piece of evidence to support your topic with an in-text citation that looks like this: (Gangitano, 2020, p. #).
4. Finally, comment on and explain the quotation and wrap up your paragraph with a concluding sentence.
- 3 months ago
- In what ways might the threat of AIDS, SARS, Mad Cow Disease, biological terrorism, orenvironmental pollution resemble that of the Black Death? How might such a...
- 20mcqs 10 essay questions
- MBA 621 Financial Markets & Institutions Exercises
- quiz 3 accounting
- Watch two films in the recent set of films released in the blockbusters movies section and sitinguish between utopian and dystopian genres of the film
- direct and indirect methods
- PUBLIC SPEAKING
- Unit 2 Assignment - Complete Instructions and Grading Rubric Unit 2 Assignment - Complete Instructions and Grading Rubric - Alternative Formats (124.685 KB)
In this …9 months ago
For your first written assignment, you will write a personal essay based on your past experiences. Within that story, you will need to show what happened as the plot of the story unfolded, …7 months ago
Read this article: Debate on Face Masks Divides Air-Travel Industry • Gangitano, A. (2020, August 6). Debate on face masks divides air-travel industry.
The Hill, …3 months ago
- NOT RATED
Read this article: Debate on Face Masks Divides Air-Travel Industry
• Gangitano, A. (2020, August 6). Debate on face masks divides air-travel industry. The
Hill, …3 months ago