Transcultural Perspectives Across Lifespankingpromise1
The Course Outcomes covered this week are below.
CO2: Communicate effectively with culturally diverse individuals, families, and organizations. (PO3)
CO4: Perform a culturally competent nursing assessment. (PO7)
- select and read one of the chapters of particular interest to you listed in Assignments under Readings;
- discuss what information you should obtain to develop and implement culturally appropriate plans of care for an individual of this group; and
- share a brief case study or exemplar as a way to share your formation.
Childbearing: A young Hasidic mom just emigrated from Israel to the United States. She is at term and comes to your Mother/Baby Unit for delivery.
Children: Oman is 5 years old. His family members are refugees from Syria. At the local community center a routine blood sugar test indicated his results were very high. He now needs hospitalized for control.
Adult: Luca moved to the United States after earning her BSN in Manila, Philippines. She works three jobs so that she can send money home to her family. She needs a treatment for breast cancer, but taking time off from any of the jobs will create a hardship on her local and extended family at home.
Older Adult: KC is 72 years old and came to the United States many years ago from Ghana. He is divorced, his children do not live in the area, and you often see him at the senior citizen's center where you volunteer. He has uncontrolled hypertension.
Mental Health: Arkady was born in the former Soviet Union. He has battled depression most of his adult life and has been hospitalized again in the mental health facility 30 miles from his family for a suicide attempt. Although he has health insurance, the benefits for his diagnosis are about to expire.
- 2 years ago
- A+ Answers
- similiarities and differences
- stat question
- What is the IPAT formula, and what do each of its variables mean? Do you think it is realistic to think that Americans could get their environmental impact close to that of a person living in an undeveloped country by using renewable resources and environ
- Introduction to Geographic Information Systems
- IFSM 300 Final Assessment Exam Virginia Bikes Case Study
- Acct III
- rate your organizational culture
- HRM546 Human Resource Law Week 4 ASSIGNMENT Discrimination Training Content Proposal and Scenarios
- As 1