The nature of party's coalition:
In answering the question below, take the following two things into account:
1. The contrasting positions of Republican lawmakers and Democratic lawmakers on the various issues we examined.
2. The nature of the Republican Party coalition and the nature of the Democratic Party coalition. (Party coalition is the term for the groups that tend to support a particular party, such as the voting support that black Americans give to the Democratic Party.)
Your Platform, and Party Politics: (you have to take both surveys!)
- Know yourself. Take these surveys to identify your political leanings:
- http://www.people-press.org/quiz/political-party-quiz/ (Political party quiz)
- http://www.people-press.org/quiz/political-typology/ (Ideology quiz)
- Submit screen shots of your results (both surveys). Explain your results. What do they say about you?
- Democratic Party platform: https://democrats.org/about/party-platform/
- Republican Party platform: https://www.gop.com/platform/
- Where do your ideas align with the party?
- Where do your ideas diverge from the party?
Examine your political values and compare them to the expressed values of both parties. Do your ideas about the role of government, politics, and policy align with one particular party?
What impact, if any, do factions have on enhancing or diminishing civic engagement? In your opinion, do factions promote acceptance of diverse opinions?
How does the nature of each party’s coalition explain the positions that each party’s lawmakers take on policy issues? In your answer, provide an example from at least three of the five policy issue sessions (the five sessions were: social issues, fiscal and monetary issues, welfare and income issues, regulatory issues, and trade issues).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6Q4Njq1uf0 (Fiscal and Monetary Issues)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1536&v=xRWNmc8Siao (Regulatory Issues)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=21&v=YSenfKCi__4 (Social Issues)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=20&v=KIViREyKbmw (Welfare and Income Policy)
- Michelle Malk
- Prof Double R
- Michelle Owens
- Megan Tillman
- Colossal Genius
- Angelina May
- All Works solver
- Miss Professor
- Wendy Lewis
- Jenny Boom
- kim woods
- Rey writer
- Malik Tutor
- brilliant answers
- Daisy Arabella
- prof avril
- kristine tutor
- Homework Pro
- Dr shamille Clara
- Tiny Chris
- Young Henry
- phyllis young
- Dr Stuart Sols
- Dr R Judy Mark
- MathStat Genius
- Discount Assign
- Jessica Luis
- Carla Bunnie