Term Paper (Writing Assignment)
Save your file as a .rtf file or .doc to ensure that it can be opened at any computer. Documents submitted as .pages will not be accepted.
INSTRUCTIONS and NECESSARY QUESTIONS
Format: 3-4 pages, 12 point font, times new roman, double spaced, 2+ sources, in-text citations and bibliography required.
The term paper is a written formal analysis of a work of art using proper terminology to describe and analyze the work. Choose one art work and artist from your book. The artist must have been born BEFORE 1930. Write an analysis of each piece using the following instructions and questions as a guide.
INELIGIBLE artists include filmmakers (including animators), performance artists, actors, graphic designers, craft artists, and architects. Artist works should be in visual media such as painting, sculpture, mixed media, installation, or drawing.
Ineligible websites/sources: Wikipedia.org, artsy.net, artcyclopedia.com... (or any other "general" art site or any site that is a "sale site").
Artists that work as a team count as a single artist.
For each work: Do not forget to include in-text citations and to cite your sources for quotations. Points will be deducted for missing or incomplete responses.
Part 1: General Information
1. In the first paragraph of your paper, explain general information about the artist and the art work that you were able to gather -- name, date (when was it made?).
2. Explain the subject matter. Who is represented in the artwork? What is represented in the artwork?
3. Location. Where is the work of art now (which museum or private collection)? Where was it first displayed?
4. Medium. What materials did the artist use? How was it executed? How big or small is it?
Part II: Description and Analysis
In a few sentences, describe the work.
- What does it look like? (Include at least three of the elements below, as applicable.)
- Line (straight, curved, angular, flowing, horizontal, vertical, diagonal, contour, thick, thin, implied, etc.)
- Shape (what shapes are created and how)
- Value (also referred to as light)(source of light, flat, strong, contrasting, even, a range of values, emphasis, shadows, etc.)
- Color (primary, secondary, mixed, complimentary, warm, cool, decorative, values, contrast, etc.)
- Texture (actual, implied, repeating, etc.)
- Space (depth, overlapping, kinds of perspective, etc.)
- Time and Motion (kinetic art, a sense of a passage of time)
2. Is it a representation of something? What style does the work fit into? What style is the ARTIST generally known for?
3. Tell what the subject is and what aspects are emphasized.
4. Consider the Principles of Design listed below and describe how each/any are used in the piece.
4. Pattern 5.Repetition
Part III: Opinions and Conclusions
In this part of your paper, you will offer an informed opinion about the work. This opinion will be based on the analysis in Part II. Use these two questions to guide your conclusion.
1. Discuss how and why the key elements and principles of art used by the artist create meaning.
2. Support your discussion of content (meaning) with facts about the work that you described in the previous sections.
Tips for Success:
- Keep your paper concise and use proper terminology, punctuation, and grammar.
- Italicize or underline titles of works of art. If the title is long, use the full title for the first time you mention it, but you may shorten the title further in the paper.
- Check that your citations do not include those listed above.
- Ensure that any quotations are not more than 20% of a single page’s word count.
- Genuine Genius
- Prof. Esmeralda
- nadia tutor
- Paula Hog
- quality work for all
- Ultimate GEEK
- JOHN JUNIOR001
- Psychology Expert
- wizard kim
- Prof. Kaylinlopez
- brilliant answers
- Ranchoddas Chanchad PhD
- USH soluTions
- Amanda Smith
- Jessica Luis
- Emily Clare
- Dr. Elahi
- Dr Candice_2547
- Emily Michael
- Top Grade Tutor
- Catherine Owens
- kim woods
- Wendy Lewis
- Terry Roberts
- Casey Celia
- RESPECT WRITER
- phyllis young
- Proff work phd
- Prof Berry
- Eva Green
- Homework Pro
- work solutions
- Dr Ava_Mia
- Prof. Kim
- Phd isaac newton
- RELIABLE PAPERS
- Guarantee Pass
- Classic Writer
- American Academic Writer 1
- Dr. TopGuy
- Change Management Plan
- Submit Assignment: Piecing Together a Patchwork Quilt of Services
- HRM 310 Week 1 DQ 2
- Case Assignment 2
- bank reconciliation
- For Nyanya only, here is my discusssion questions, I need 300wds for each question thanks.
- REL 134 Week 1 Individual Assignment Elements of Religious Traditions Paper
- week 5 dq journal and final $30
- ACC 202 Complete Course
- A+ Answers