Please see attachments
Discussion: Contemporary Youth Culture
The term culture is defined as patterns of beliefs, values, goals, and behavioral practices that are characteristic of an institution, organization, or group (Prout & Brown, Ed., 2007, p. 65). Children and adolescents engage in their own unique culture, and there are many powerful factors that influence child and adolescent behavior. For example, children in kindergarten may express great affection for a popular cartoon character; however, children in first grade may consider such affection to be a sign of immaturity. The Internet is a popular source of communication among adolescents, and the culture of constant access has broken down barriers of privacy. This often has led to varying degrees of bullying or harassment. Clinicians working with children and adolescents must be knowledgeable of contemporary youth culture and the ways it can impact a child’s or adolescent’s thoughts, feelings, and behavior.
For this Discussion, select a magazine, news article, or some contemporary item depicting contemporary youth culture, and consider the core messages communicated through the magazine, news article, or contemporary item. Think about how these messages might impact children and adolescents and how your knowledge or lack of knowledge of this item might affect your ability to be an effective child and adolescent clinician.
With these thoughts in mind:
Post a brief description of the magazine, news article, or contemporary item you selected. Then, explain two core cultural messages communicated through the magazine, news article, or contemporary item. Next, explain how one way these core messages could positively affect a child or adolescent. Then, explain one way it could negatively affect a child or adolescent and how. Finally, explain how your understanding of contemporary youth culture may help you be an effective child and adolescent clinician. Be specific.
Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references to the week’s resources.
*I attached two articles she would like for us to use as references and feel free your use your own.*
- 5 months ago
- as agreed
- DIETARY ASSISTANCE QUESTION
- Art history Class
- First, research any Health care administration laws or certifications for your state and share the results with your classmates. In addition, do a job search and post a job you find that would fit with your degree in Health care administration.
- Need paper summary of journals
- •Read the article titled “Aging US Power Grid Blacks Out More Than Any Other Developed Nation” under the Smart Grid terms section of the Science Corner. You can also view the article at http://www.ibtimes.com/aging-us-power-grid-blacks-out-more-any-other-
- Question 5.1
- Which of the following represents a Keynesian point of view of macroeconomics?
- Dynamic Decision Making
- please see attached question