Surplus and Scarcity: two economic modelsBill321123
This is a Canvas assignment which means you'll be responding by using a text box and only I and Maria Alberto will see your submission.
For this assignment, plan to write between 250 and 300 words. You can write your response separately and then cut and paste it into the text box if you prefer that.
The Miller and the Steward each tell stories involve exchanges and transactions, though not usually involving money. Still, you could think of the world of each story as representing a kind of non-monetary economy involving what the characters "invest" in one another and what they hope to receive in return, even though these transactions are not financial ones. Think about how each story treats the idea of "profit" even when financial gain is not at stake (particularly in the Miller's Tale). Use 2-3 specific examples and short quotations from each tale to analyze the transactional world of each story and how these worlds differ from one another in how they define a successful transaction.
It may be helpful to think about how the "economy" of the Miller's tale involves abundance and surplus while the Steward's story takes place in an environment defined by scarcity and competition. The same is true for how both men talk about themselves in their introductions to their own stories. You could also think about the moral economy of the two very different worlds these storytellers create. Which of these worlds would you rather do business in?
- 6 months ago
- I have An Art homework
- The duration of a 5 year zero-coupon bond is: a)smaller than 5 b)larger than 5 c)equal to 5 d)equal to that of a 5 year 10% coupon bond e)none of the options
- Service Marketing Final Project Part 1
- Stat 200 Final Exam
- QRB 501 Week 3 Learning Team Case Studies / "Case 8 - 3 and case 9 - 1" LATEST WORK OCT'14
- "report about the grossmont symphony orchestra and master chorale that played in "seven beauties" ballet"? / Does this means 3pages for the report and another 3 pages for the 2questions?
- I need help in my art assignment
- BIS 155 WEEK 5 LAB 5
- How can an IT system initially help a company advance but later become a requirement for that business to stay competitive?
- NOT RATED
The Miller and the Steward each tell stories involve exchanges and transactions, though not usually involving money. Still, you could think of the world of each story as representing a kind of …6 months ago
- NOT RATED
Analyze two of Chaucer’s women characters to examine how he shows women competing with men for power and influence. Don’t forget that there are only two women described in the General Prologue. …5 months ago