Social Media Policyergray96
Social Media Policy
- What are the key considerations in designing a social media policy?
- What are the primary challenges and risks when formalizing a social media policy?
- Who should be involved in the design and review of the final policy?
Social Media in the Workplace
These are less than 1–2-page articles. Please skim each of them to inform your response for this week's first discussion.
- Progressive discipline the legal way: 7 steps. (2019). HR Specialist: Employment Law, 49(7), 2.
- "This article is about maintaining a progressive discipline policy including documenting verbal warnings and counseling; letting employees tell their side of the story; and spelling out the consequences of inaction."
- Does Facebook rudeness = Hostile workplace? (2018). HR Specialist: Employment Law, 48(12), 3.
- "The article discusses Medlin v. American Airlines court case which alleges a campaign of harassment on online social media Facebook and workplace harassment including threats, slander and defamation of character."
- Allan, R. (2017, March). Key things to consider while drafting your social media policy checklist. Legal and Compliance Excellence Essentials.
- "The main aim of the policy is to help employees understand where the line is - and how to stay on the right side of it - and for managers to be able to identify and act appropriately in instances where the line has been crossed."
- Keys for developing a social media policy. (2013). Information Management, 47(6), 42–44.
- This article gives some best practices for creating a new, or revising, a social media policy.
- Magette, K. (2018). Keeping up with new tools in your policies. School Administrator, 75(8), 12.
- This article provides ideas for updating a social media policy when new tools and technology become available
- Johnson, B. (2017). Attorney's key to social media policies: Be specific, but not too strong. Njbiz, 30(5), 17.
- Includes legal considerations when creating social media policies as well as the wording of the policy.
- Johnson, D. L. (2019, October 7). Nashville Trump supporter fired over Facebook post wins trial [Blog post]. Northern Exposure.
- This article illustrates the distinction between government and private organizations and First Amendment rights in social media for workers.
Sample Social Media Policy
- Sample Social Media Policy [PDF].
- Use this as a resource for your first discussion this week.
NLRB and Social Media
- National Labor Relations Board. (n.d.). The NLRB and social media. Retrieved from https://www.nlrb.gov/rights-we-protect/rights/nlrb-and-social-media
- This web page defines "protected, concerted activity" in terms of social media.
- a month ago
- Graph demand data & use midpoint formula - Economic experts ONLY!!
- PSY 322 Consumer Traits and Behaviors Paper
- BUS 680 Week 2 Assignment ( Training Needs Analysis (TNA) ) - A Graded - Best Tutorial - Quality Work - Latest Syllabus
- BUS 680 Week 1 Assignment ( Case Analysis Rick’s New Job) - A Graded - Best Tutorial - Quality Work - Latest Syllabus
- quiz 12
- EDUC 3003 Discussion-
- Develop an implementation plan (1,500-2,000 words) using the "Topic 3: Checklist" resource. The elements that should be included in your plan are listed below:
- DQ#5: International HR Plan Change requires planning, including input from HR. Retention goals and future plans impact the way in which change is managed. Planning enables the organization to focus on immediate and future goals. Based on your readings and
- Discussion Board Answer Response