Short Case Studymdavis_1
Instruction for the Assignment
Select Case Study 3.5, 3.7, 3.8, or 3.9 in “For Cultural Competence: Knowledge, Skills and Dispositions needed to Embrace Diversity.”
Examine the scenario through a lens of cultural competence to determine when/how a deeper cultural understanding would have influenced the teacher’s responses.
In a 500-750 word analysis, discuss 2-3 of the following concepts of deep culture in the context of the selected case study:
· Collective orientation (promoting needs of the group versus promoting needs of the individual)
· Time orientation
· Respect for authority
· Perceptions and value of education
· Priority of family
· Communication (e.g., language development, verbal communication styles, nonverbal communication, physical proximity)
· Value of work/Work ethic
· Peer pressure
· Assimilation dilemma: adaptation versus preservation
In addition, include specific advice to the teacher in your case study to help him or her respond more appropriately to the student/family.
Use at least 2-3 scholarly sources (other than the assigned readings) to justify your responses.
I have upload the template which must be used and followed and the 4 different case studies color coded that you can pick from
- 2 years ago
- For "The Think Tank"
- Which type of validty evidence can best be strengthened by the use of a table of specifications?
- 1) Hassan buys onyl milk and sweet potatoes. a) In year 1, Hassan earns $100, milk is priced at $2 per...
- FIN 534 Week 9 Discussion 1
- Management and Business Policy
- Multiple Questions Answers
- short essay
- WK 5 POLICY FOR EXPERT_RESEARCHER
- ESL free writing
- Week 6 - Discussion 1