Short answer for a publishers credibility
Fake News has received a lot of press lately. In fact “fake news” was the top word in 2017. For people under 30, online news is more popular than TV news and people under 50 get half of their news from online sources.
Here are 4 steps for evaluating News:
- Vet the Publisher’s Credibility.
- What is the domain name? A domain name that ends with “.com.co” is not to be trusted. Something like abcnews.com looks legit, but if it is listed as abcnews.com.co, be wary.
- What is the publication’s point of view? Check out the “About Us” section to learn more about the publishers. It will also tell you if the publication is meant to be satirical, like the Onion.
- Pay Attention to Writing Quality.
- Does the publication have all caps or way too many emphatic punctuation marks?!?!?!? Proper reporting does not adhere to such informal grammar. The article you are reading is probably not vetted.
- Check out the Sources and Citations.
- Does the publisher meet academic citation standards? Your teachers and professors constantly tell you to cite and reference appropriately. This is how we can check your sources. The same is true for online news. Check the sources.
Ask the Pros
- Check out fact-checking websites like factcheck.org
Take the Fake News Quiz! https://www.channelone.com/feature/quiz-can-you-spot-the-fake-news-story/
In no less than 250 words, apply appropriate technology tools and resources to locate and retrieve information from various sources (e.g., on-line, libraries, etc.) while completing this assignment. Use proper English grammar and spelling and normal page margins.
- Ashley Claire
- The quA+lity
- Ryan Tr
- Psychology Expert
- JOHN JUNIOR001
- writer respect
- RESPECT WRITER
- brilliant answers
- Jessica Luis
- Dr Candice_2547
- Wendy Lewis
- kim woods
- Miss Professor
- prof avril
- Adrian Monroe
- Terry Roberts
- phyllis young
- Sara Waynes
- MathStat Genius
- Ph.D A+ Grade
- Emily Michael
- STR 581 final exam with 100 questions & ANSWERS
- Bilogy FINAL EXAM
- What do you think of the bargaining process? What is the most important stage for the union? What is the most important stage for management? Explain why. Also discuss how you can improve the bargaining process.
- Discussion Board for Art?
- Human Resource Questions
- Professor Kern
- Managerial Economics Problem
- CREATIVE WRITING
- Fill in the blanks with the correct verb form: APRENDER COMER ESTUDIAR VER ASISTIR ENSENAR PRACTICAR VIVIR Yo ________ en la...