Searching for hwlp with Part one of this assignment and creating a research question using the template
Develop a draft of CHAPTER 1. While you will have the opportunity to revisit and finalize Chapter 1 in Assessment 4, this submission should be fully developed.
Note: Developing a research proposal requires specific steps that need to be executed in a sequence. The assessments in this course are presented in sequence and must be completed in order. Only one assessment can be submitted at a time. Subsequent submissions should include highlighted changes.
For your first project assessment, you will draft CHAPTER 1, using the appropriate guide that is located in the resource section of this assessment. This outline will provide you with an opportunity to make a case as to why this research should be explored. Make sure that your rationale is evidence based.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Determine the scientific merit of the professional literature.
- Background of the study: Summarize briefly what is known so far about the phenomena under investigation.
- Statement of the problem: Present the description of the research problem and an explanation that describes how the research problem led to the current research question.
- Purpose of the study: Describe what information is needed in order to advance the knowledge base.
- Research design: Summarize the design approach by identifying whether it is qualitative or quantitative.
- Competency 6: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for members of the psychological profession.
- Adhere to APA style and formatting guidelines; writing is concise and well organized.
Because this is a psychology course, you must format this assessment according to APA guidelines, since it is the writing style of the profession. Use the following resources to guide your work. Additional resources about APA can be found in the Research Resources in the left navigation menu of your courseroom.
- American Psychological Association. (2010). Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
- Chapter 1, "Writing for the Behavioral and Social Sciences."
- Chapter 2, "Manuscript Structure and Content."
- Chapter 3, "Writing Clearly and Concisely."
Before you begin, carefully read the course overview and syllabus as well as chapters 1-3 of the APA manual. Review the Chapters 1–5 Integrated Project Overview document under Required Resources and the Research Proposal Development Resources under Suggested Resources. These tools are fundamental to your understanding of how to approach the first stage of research.
The introductory section of your Integrative Project (Research Proposal): Chapters 1–5 will include two significant descriptions:
- The area of practice that you have chosen for the project.
- The significance of this topic for the scientific community.
For Assessment 1, you will submit a draft of CHAPTER 1 for feedback and grading. To complete this assessment, you need to do the following:
- Identify a topic as it relates to the field of psychology. The more specific and focused your topic, the more useful and comprehensive it will be. Present your topic that will guide your search of the literature. Be sure, as you identify your topic, to identify the context that the population inhabits. Consider identifying gender, developmental stage, age range, region, diagnoses or health status, intervention or therapy, assessment tools, racial identity, ethnic identity, class, history and other specifics associated with the questions that you wish to explore.
- Identify the knowledge gap or problem you wish to address. In your proposal, your readers will need to understand why this research is needed and how it would contribute to the overall knowledge pool. To help with this process, become familiar with existing literature. As you read the work of others, consider the following:
- What types of problems are all or most of the authors attempting to address?
- What questions are these authors explicitly asking? What questions might they be implicitly asking?
- Create a research question that serves as the guiding question for the proposal, which should include a valid reason for your positioning. The research question should determine the scope of your proposal.
Walkthrough: You may view the following walkthrough video to help you complete the Draft of CHAPTER 1 assessment:
Use the appropriate template (qualitative or quantitative) that is located in the resource section CHAPTER 1.
Please refer to the APA manual, pages 27–28, for detailed instructions on how to complete this assignment. You must use the required subheadings that are listed in the templates provided.
- Title page: Include a brief yet descriptive title of 15 words or less.
- For tips on writing titles, read the How to Write an Effective Title and Abstract and Choose Appropriate Keywords document linked in the Resources.
- Abstract: Leave this blank for now. You will complete this in Chapter 4.
- Table of contents (TOC).
- Introduction: Start your proposal by presenting "the problem being investigated, the importance of the study, and an overview of your research strategy. Use the literature to support your statement of the problem."
- Background of the Problem
- What do we know so far about the area of the literature that you reviewed?
- What do you think we need to know to advance the knowledge base?
- How will this new knowledge serve the stakeholders (scientists, care providers, families, patients, institutions) that may in turn be served by implementation of new developments?
- Statement of the Problem
- Identify the gap in research or the need for additional research in your area.
- Purpose of the Study
- Why does the problem deserve new research?
- Are you resolving inconsistency in previous research? Extending the reach of a theory? Solving a social problem?
- Significance of the Study
- Describe the significance of the proposed investigation by explaining how the results promise to advance the scientific knowledge base. In three sentences or fewer, explain how this inquiry is original.
- Research Question(s)
- Articulate whether the research question is a qualitative or a quantitative question and provide a rationale. For quantitative research questions, include your hypothesis or hypotheses.
- Definition of Terms
- For a qualitative study, the definition of terms should relate to how the participants should interpret the definitions.
- For a quantitative study, the definition of terms should relate to how the variables will be quantified.
- Research Design
- Discuss the method and how the question will be answered. Be sure to make mention of the relevant APA Code of Ethics, but not how you intend to address them. How you will address the codes and ensure they are adhered to will be covered in Chapter 3.
- Reference Page
- Include at least 10 scholarly, peer-reviewed articles. Make sure they are also cited within text.
- Prof. Nicholas
- Doctor Okumu
- Homework Pro
- Emily Blunt
- Guruu Math
- wizard kim
- Math Guruu
- Paula Hog
- PROF washington watson
- Jessica Luis
- Wendy Lewis
- prof avril
- brilliant answers
- kim woods
- Catherine Owens
- Rey writer
- Dr shamille Clara
- Dr Ava_Mia
- RELIABLE PAPERS
- Brooklyn Milan
- Terry Roberts
- RESPECT WRITER
- First Class Expert Tutor
- university work
- Emily Michael
- jim claire
- phyllis young
- Emily Clare
- Eva Green
- Prof. Ali_Raza
- Casey Celia
- Colossal Genius
- Dr. Elahi
- Jenny Boom
- A-Plus Essays Writer
- Fire Prevention Unit 5 Essay 2
- Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Rights Presentation
- All the answers in CONCEPTS OF PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES TENTH EDITION
- Week 3 and Week 4
- LASA Change Management
- FIN 200 Week 1 CheckPoint Financial Management Goals
- MATH EXPERTS
- Cash paid on accounts payable for $930 was recorded as a debit to Accounts Payable $390 and a credit to Cash $390. 2. The purchase of supplies on account for $500 was debited to Equipment $500 and credited to Accounts Payable $500. 3. The company paid
- Analyzing Pro Forma Statements: FIN 571 Week 3
- Learning Team Reflection: FIN 571 Week 2
Develop a draft of CHAPTER 1.
Note: Developing a research proposal requires specific steps that need to be executed in a sequence. The assessments in this course must be completed in order. …