Carefully read the news article:
- Kuchment, A. (2016, May 21). Fracking activities caused majority of recent Texas quakes (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. Standard Times.
- Take notes and pay special attention to the language used in the news article.
Next, for your comparison to the news article, your information from the “scientific community”:
- View: Oklahoma Earthquakes and the Rise in Fracking (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. [Video, 10:12 mins]
- Read: US Geologic Survey Myths and Misconceptions about Fracking and Earthquakes (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- Review the Abstract (on page 1) and Discussion and Conclusions (on pp. 13-15) from: Frohlich, C., DeShon, H., Stump, B., Hayward, C., Hornbach, M., & Walter, J. I. (2016). A historical review of induced earthquakes in Texas (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. Seismological Research Letters, 87(4).
For this assignment, we will drill down (pun intended) on the controversies that surround hydraulic fracturing, typically shortened to “hydro-fracking”, for natural gas. This process is not …
Answer the questions on the attachement based off the assignment below.
For the last two modules, you have been using a template called the Science Tool Kit to guide your work in analyzing news …