Review Chapter 4, Table 4.2 on page 85 of the McKenzie et al. text and the video Defining a Health Problem. Think about the secondary data sources you might use for researchingnteasley
To Prepare for this Discussion:
- Review Chapter 4, Table 4.2 on page 85 of the McKenzie et al. text and the video Defining a Health Problem. Think about the secondary data sources you might use for researching public health needs.
- Think about what you perceive to be the public health needs of your community.
- Research the actual public health needs of your community using the County Health Rankings website, Healthy People 2020, and other reputable Internet sources. To use County Health Rankings website, click on your state, then select your county to begin your search. To use Healthy People 2020, ensure you click on the Healthy People in Action tab and select State Plans. For those who do not live within the United States, please provide a description of the public health needs in the region of the country in which you reside.
- Focus on a particular health need in your community that you might set as a priority for a public health program.
With these thoughts in mind:
Post a brief description of your community and some of the actual public health needs within that community, based on the secondary data you found at the County Health Rankings and Healthy People 2020 websites. Explain whether the actual needs are similar or not to what you suspected before your research. Finally, describe one actual public health need that you consider a priority for which to develop a public health program and explain why it is a priority.
Note: Initial postings must be 250–350 words (not including references).
- 2 years ago
- Read the article and answer the questions.
- Marketing Scenario Analyses
- case study
- According to Michelle Wallace, what is the new Jim Crow?
- Public personnel administarion
- Managerial Accounting
- How did an overly bounded and ahistorical view of culture influence how Mead, Malinowski, and Freeman represented the people they...
- 2 disc
- Only for Hifsa