Research Essay Proposal
CHOSEN TOPIC: RISING SEA LEVELS
THE CHOSEN BIBLIOGRAPHY IS IN THE ATTACHMENT
THE SOURCES WITHIN THE BIBLIOGRAPHY MAY BE USED FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT
Overview – Introduction
A research proposal is a formal plan for a research paper that you present in a clear manner for someone else to understand. The proposal is not just a loophole to jump through to in order to get the okay from me on what you want to do for your research paper. A research proposal is also your opportunity to put together all of your plans, ideas, and sources before you start your paper. With this proposal you can recognize what areas of your project need additional planning and research. In this way, you can anticipate problems before starting the paper, and you will have a clear plan before you begin to write the paper. This should save you the trouble of running into major problems and should make the writing process somewhat easier.
A Research Question or Questions :
As you find a topic and begin to think through your ideas, you will need to formulate a research question that you’d like to address. A research question is meant to direct your efforts as you collect sources, critically read and evaluate them, and take notes on them. A research question is preliminary to formulating your thesis. You won’t be sure right away as to what your thesis should be, however, you will need to have some kind of focus as you collect your sources, and that is what your research question is for.
Sample research questions:
- What are the benefits of wind power?
- Would it be feasible to require electrical companies to generate 20 percent of their power through wind turbines?
- Should the federal government pursue legislation to support wind power?
As you research, you should refine your research question to be more specific.
Your proposal should include the following in this order:
- A Title: While it is early to have a finalized title, come up with a tentative title for your paper.
- An Introduction: Your introduction should identify your topic and how you would like to address it. Here you should also identify your research question and a preliminary thesis statement. Identify who your target audience is.
- Thesis: This should be one well-crafted sentence that explains what it is that you are researching and concisely states the purpose of your paper and your call to action. This may change as you start writing your paper, nonetheless, it is a start.
- Further Research: Discuss what further research you will need to do for your paper. What kind of sources are you missing that you will need to write your paper? If you are not in need any further research then state: No Further Research Needed
- A Working Bibliography: List your sources in correct MLA style. Include a 2-3 sentence description of each source. (This will resemble an Annotated Bibliography). Your working bibliography should include at least 4-5 sources. Remove from the annotation the evaluation of the source, JUST the summary is needed in THIS document. Add to each source description how it will be used in your paper with one or two sentences.
When you write your proposal, I recommend using the headings mentioned above. This will help you organize the proposal and be sure that you cover everything required. This will also make it easier for me.
Length and Formatting:
- The proposal itself should be between 700-900 words. (This does not include the working bibliography).
- Your working bibliography should include at least 5 -6 sources.
- Include your MLA Header name and page numbers
- 12-point font
NOTE: THE ATTACHMENT IS THE CHOSEN BIBLIOGRAPHY FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT
- Dr Clover
- Sheryl Hogan
- AllRoundBest Tutor
- Miss Deanna
- The grAde
- professor mitch
- Prof Double R
- Quality Assignments
- Bethuel Best
- The quA+lity
- Agher Editor
- nadia tutor
- Discount Writer
- Prof. Nicholas
- Angelina May
- Michelle Owens
- Atta ur Rehman
- RESPECT WRITER
- kristine tutor
- work solutions
- Catherine Owens
- brilliant answers
- Camile Faith
- KATHERINE BECKS
- Dr shamille Clara
- Jenny Boom
- Rey writer
- Tiny Chris
- Miss Professor
- Phd isaac newton
- kim woods
- ANN HARRIS
- Wendy Lewis
- prof avril
- Exclusive writer 100
- ENS. writer
- Dr Stuart Sols
- Ph.D A+ Grade
- Dr R Judy Mark
- Colossal Genius
- : Narrated PowerPoint Presentation 1. Campaign Message for dementia /Alzheimer in the elderly
- Ythomit only please
- Week 5 Assignment The Impact of Workplace Bullying
- I have an assignment in which I need to find the main argument of a 10 page paper provided by my professor.
- Article Review Assignment (Wk 4)
- HR discussion
- BUS 499 Assignment 4
- ethics paper
- To enhance your understanding of financial concepts, please complete the following problems in your Corporate Finance textbook.
- Bring a copy of your research question to class for an activity