After reading Chapter # 6 of our textbook (SubSaharan Africa) and watching the documentary “Guns, Germs, and Steel: Episode III: Into the Tropics”, answer the following questions:
- What factor/s played a crucial role in the ease or hardship of European colonization of the tropical region of Africa?
Your answer should reflect knowledge of the topic applying the concepts learned in our course, and, most importantly, using your own words. Explain your answer in NO less than 600 words and no more than 800 words. This word count does not include your name, PID, the title of your work, or if you copy the questions in your work.
- NOTE # 1: Students are not allowed to work in teams. Your answer must be your own, original thoughts. If you plagiarize your thoughts from a website, journal, or any other source, not only you will be sad because you cannot write the small number of words of your own, but because you will also earn a failing grade in our course.
- NOTE # 2: You must format your work according to the required Technical Aspects described in the course syllabus:
- a) 12-point font (Arial, Times New Roman, Garamond, or Book Antiqua)
- one-inch margins all around;
- numbered pages.
Any written assignment that does not include all the required technical aspects will receive a 10-point deduction in their grade.
de Blij, Harm J. and Peter O. Muller. 2010. Geography: Realms, Regions, and Concepts. 14th edition. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
National Geography Television & Film. 2004. Guns, Germs, and Steel Part II: Into the Tropics. Guns Germs And Steel part 3 (Links to an external site.) , site last visited October 23, 2019.
- 2 years ago