This assignment has two parts, both related to your work on the final assignment.
First, as instructed in question 4 of the final assignment: Run at least 2 interesting keyword searches using interesting keywords from your passage, searching for those words in that gospel. .Begin by looking for interesting or unusual words in your passage, or words favored by that Gospel author. You might have to check for different versions of your word (e.g. dwell or live?). Use the text box provided or upload a file explaining a search or two that you ran, and comment on the results and what seemed interesting about the results. (See below for instructions on how to do a keyword search in your gospel and gospel passage.)
Pilate Hands Jesus over to Be Crucified
Now at the festival he used to release a prisoner for them, anyone for whom they asked. Now a man called Barabbas was in prison with the rebels who had committed murder during the insurrection. So the crowd came and began to ask Pilate to do for them according to his custom.Then he answered them, ‘Do you want me to release for you the King of the Jews?’ For he realized that it was out of jealousy that the chief priests had handed him over. But the chief priests stirred up the crowd to have him release Barabbas for them instead. Pilate spoke to them again, ‘Then what do you wish me to do with the man you call the King of the Jews?’They shouted back, ‘Crucify him!’ Pilate asked them, ‘Why, what evil has he done?’ But they shouted all the more, ‘Crucify him!’ So Pilate, wishing to satisfy the crowd, released Barabbas for them; and after flogging Jesus, he handed him over to be crucified.
How to do a search on keywords in the Bible:
- Scroll down to the third way of requesting a search ("Or enter a word or a phrase to search for").
- Set it to New Revised Standard Version (same as the red bible we use in class). Don't pick the "Anglicized version" or the spellings will seem off).
- Use the drop down menus to set your starting section/gospel of the bible (for example "Matthew") and ending section/gospel ("Matthew" if you want material only in Matthew, starting with "Matthew" and ending with "John" if you want all gospels, etc.). (This drop down menu includes all the books of the bible in order).
- Try searching for some words and skim looking over your results list for anything that looks like it might be interesting (perhaps terms used frequently, or words that are very rare--but perhaps important when used, or words that are very frequent in one section of the gospels and not in others, etc.). You probably need to try a few words before you arrive at an interesting search (use words you see in your text and spell them correctly!)
- Explain your searches and results in the text box (you can even copy in the most interesting ones) or by making and uploading a file .
Second, start the work for question 7 of the final assignment. Look up your passage on ATLA, especially by using the Scripture citation (e.g. "Mark 5:1-20"). Use the tricks I taught you. Email to yourself the good articles you find. Write a short explanation of what you did to find good results (I will ONLY accept results from ATLA).
**Also run some keyword searches on ATLA Catholic and ATLA religion (EBSCO databases) that find good articles for your paper. Note 3 good keyword searches you used.
- Colossal Genius
- ANN HARRIS
- KATHERINE BECKS
- Dr shamille Clara
- prof avril
- Jenny Boom
- Sasha Spencer
- brilliant answers
- Megan Tillman
- Wendy Lewis
- Angelina May
- kim woods
- Tiny Chris
- Rey writer
- Miss Professor
- phyllis young
- doctor alidan
- Ian Rutto
- QUESTION #1 Read the case below and answer the corresponding questions by applying the concepts to the case You must complete...
- Homework Set 4
- DBM 380 - Week 1 - Database Environment Proposal
- Examining Intimate Violence
- For Essay Guru Only - Do Not Disturb
- CMGT 400 - Week 5 - Individual & Team Assignments
- Masters level writing only
- Gene Therapy for Hemophilia
- lady kate
- Statistics Concepts and Descriptive Measures
Pilate Hands Jesus over to Be Crucified
Now at the festival he used to release a prisoner for them, anyone for whom they asked. Now a man called Barabbas was in prison with …