Quantitative Methods and Analysis Submission 2
In Unit 2, you have learned about three different types of distributions: Normal, binomial, and Poisson. You can take data that you collect and plot it out onto graphs to see a visual representation of the data. By simply looking at data on a graph, you can tell a lot about how related your observed data are and if they fit into a normal distribution.
For this submission, you will be given a series of scenarios and small collections of data. You should plot the data or calculate probabilities using excel. Then, you will create your own real or hypothetical scenario to graph and explain.
Answer the following:
- The mean temperature for the month of July in Boston, Massachusetts is 73 degrees Fahrenheit. Plot the following data, which represent the observed mean temperature in Boston over the last 20 years:
1998 72 1999 69 2000 78 2001 70 2002 67 2003 74 2004 73 2005 65 2006 77 2007 71 2008 75 2009 68 2010 72 2011 77 2012 65 2013 79 2014 77 2015 78 2016 72 2017 74
- Is this a normal distribution? Explain your reasoning.
- What is an outlier? Are there any outliers in this distribution? Explain your reasoning fully.
- Using the above data, what is the probability that the mean will be over 76 in any given July?
- Using the above data, what is the probability that the mean will be over 80 in any given July?
- A heatwave is defined as 3 or more days in a row with a high temperature over 90 degrees Fahrenheit. Given the following high temperatures recorded over a period of 20 days, what is the probability that there will be a heatwave in the next 10 days?
Day 1 93 Day 2 88 Day 3 91 Day 4 86 Day 5 92 Day 6 91 Day 7 90 Day 8 88 Day 9 85 Day 10 91 Day 11 84 Day 12 86 Day 13 85 Day 14 90 Day 15 92 Day 16 89 Day 17 88 Day 18 90 Day 19 88 Day 20 90
Customer surveys reveal that 40% of customers purchase products online versus in the physical store location. Suppose that this business makes 12 sales in a given day
Does this situation fit the parameters for a binomial distribution? Explain why or why not?
Find the probability of the 12 sales on a given day exactly 4 are made online
Find the probability of the 12 sales fewer than 6 are made online
Find the probability of the 12 sales more than 8 are made online
Your own example:
- Choose a company that you have recently seen in the news because it is having some sort of problem or scandal, and complete the following:
- Discuss the situation, and describe how the company could use distributions and probability statistics to learn more about how the scandal could affect its business.
- If you were a business analyst for the company, what research would you want to do, and what kind of data would you want to collect to create a distribution?
- Would this be a standard, binomial, or Poisson distribution? Why?
- List and discuss at least 3 questions that you would want to create probabilities for (e.g.,What is the chance that the company loses 10% of its customers in the next year?).
- What would you hope to learn from calculating these probabilities?
- Assuming that upper management does not see the value in expending the time and money necessary to collect data to analyze, make an argument (at least 100 words) convincing them that the expenditure is necessary and explaining some dangers the company could face by not knowing what the data predict.
- professor mitch
- Essays Guru
- JOHN JUNIOR001
- Phd isaac newton
- Catherine Owens
- brilliant answers
- Prof. Dan.
- Rey writer
- RESPECT WRITER
- Prof Double R
- Camile Faith
- Jessica Luis
- nadia tutor
- kim woods
- wizard kim
- All Works solver
- Jenny Boom
- phyllis young
- Wendy Lewis
- Dr Candice_2547
- PILOT RIGHT
- Terry Roberts
- Miss Professor
- ENS. writer
- Adrian Monroe
- prof James
- MathStat Genius
- Sara Waynes
- Royal Grade
- university work
- Ph.D A+ Grade
- Emily Michael
- I having a project regarding computer architecture (MS) can you help me with my project by doing it in high language like java and provide me with a word and jar file
- Online Portfolio Website
- Referring to the same novel health care product or service you came up with last week (Discussion 2, Part 2), determine how you would assess demand for and the cost to produce your product or deliver your service. Provide specific examples to support your
- ACT 5741 Midterm Exam. 142445
- ATTITUDE SURVEY PSY/475
- Discuss how the Saint Leo core value of responsible stewardship relates to how managers make decisions regarding the optimal use of resources96127
- Assignment 4 assesses your understanding, analysis, and practical application of the law as it relates to the exercise of bargaining rights.
- Discuss the following statement using examples from your geographic area which include NPOs
- Calculus quiz
- A+ Paper
For this submission, you will be given a series of scenarios and small collections of data. You should plot the data or calculate probabilities using excel. Then, you will create your own real …