Pulling the Weight at Work – Group Training Presentation
Think about a popular TV show that you watch that focuses on small-group dynamics. This could be a popular TV drama, focused on the workplace, for example.
Write, individually, a one-page reaction to the small-group dynamics demonstrated in the show. From a communication perspective, what went wrong? How could the members have handled the situation differently? Post your reaction for your team. Review and comment on the reactions of each team member. Identify common observations.
Analyze, as a team, the small-group dynamics demonstrated in the videos by considering the following:
- The scope and functions of the small group within the organization, such as idea generation, event planning, process or creation, evaluation, and quality control
- The effectiveness of each member's communication styles. What are the opportunities for improvement?
- The type of leadership within the small group, such as fixed, rotational, or ad hoc
- How the group leader and members communicate during group meetings
- Communication obstacles, such as groupthink tendencies, credibility issues, and insufficient listening
- Refer to this week's readings to inform your analysis.
Create a group training presentation based on the communication deficiencies displayed in the video. Your training plan may be in the format of your choice.
- You may choose a 15- to 20-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation with speaker notes, or an equivalent multimedia program or technology application, such as video, audio, or web conferencing software.
- Include the following in your group training presentation:
- The communication skills the group must implement to become more effective
- The roles each member must adopt to become more effective
- The leadership skills the manager must demonstrate to become more effective
- Appropriate managerial actions to mitigate communication obstacles
- Conflict management strategies to encourage positive outcomes
- Include a reference slide.
Format your training presentation according to appropriate course-level APA guidelines.
Submit your assignment.
Present your Group Training Presentation.
- For Local Campus students, these are 10- to 15-minute oral presentations accompanied by a multimedia presentation.
- For Online and Directed Study students, these are multimedia presentations with notes.
- Center for Writing Excellence
- Reference and Citation Generator
- Grammar and Writing Guides
- Learning Team Toolkit
- Michelle Malk
- Brainy Brian
- ANN HARRIS
- Colossal Genius
- professor mitch
- Dr Candice_2547
- prof avril
- Phd isaac newton
- Catherine Owens
- brilliant answers
- KATHERINE BECKS
- Angelina May
- writer respect
- Tiny Chris
- Rey writer
- Jessica Luis
- RESPECT WRITER
- work solutions
- kim woods
- wizard kim
- Jenny Boom
- phyllis young
- Terry Roberts
- Wendy Lewis
- Dr shamille Clara
- Emily Clare
- PROFESSOR_ NERD
- Sara Waynes
- STAT 200
- VP Of Operations
- Summary Paper
- Healthcare Marketing Discussion Post Responses
- Assignment 2: A Complete Home Network
- for kim woods only:original instructions for assignment 8 that part 1 that you already done
- RE: Introducing my self
- Entries for Process Cost System Cincinnati Soap Company manufactures powdered detergent. Phosphate is placed in process in the Making Department, where it is turned into granulars. The output of Making is transferred to the Packing Department, where the p
- CASE STUDY