Proposal for Governmentsieuquaypro18
Step 1 – Identifying the Issue
The purpose of the paper is to identify and address a federal issue between the US government and Texas state government. This requires examining the history, application and effectiveness of laws at both levels.
Choose one of the following topics:
• Funding and planning for Infrastructure development
• Funding for natural disaster management
• State management of the COVID-19 pandemic
• Participation in refugee resettlement programs
• Environmental policy and air pollution control permitting
• Occupational safety and health regulatory programs in Texas
• Unaccompanied migrant children in state shelters
• Addressing social service needs in COVID-19 era
• Effect of redistricting on minority voter turnout in Texas
Step 2 - Gathering Sources
Conduct research to locate three academic journal articles (aka: peer-reviewed or scholarly sources) that specifically address the policy issues that you selected and meet the following criteria:
- The articles must be no more than ten (10) years old.
- The article must have more than five (5) pages of actual content (without graphs, charts, footnotes, citations, etc.).
- Books, dissertations, and theses will not count toward the scholarly source minimum requirements.
Carefully choose sources that provide a variety of perspectives on your selected topic. In addition to the minimum research requirements, you should use high quality sources for essential current events information relevant to your topic. These include academic sources that are not peer-reviewed (position papers), newspaper articles, magazine articles, and other quality or reputable sources.
The course textbook, encyclopedias (including Wikipedia), and almanacs, are reference materials and are not to be listed as sources at the college level.
Step 3 – The Proposal
Submit a one to two page proposal to the appropriate dropbox by the date specified in the course calendar. Points earned for the policy proposal do not apply to the course grade if the policy paper is not submitted.The proposal should:
- Identify the topic in one or two paragraphs:
- Summarize the central issues of the policy topic you will be addressing
- Describe the current status of the policy or topic as it relates to the differing roles and/or positions of the federal and state governments
- Describe why this policy is important to Texas and the United States
- Cite each of your academic journal articles (not supplemental sources) at least once in the paragraph using correct MLA in-text citations.
- Include the Works Cited or Reference section with the three (at a minimum) peer-reviewed academic journal articles that will form the basis of your policy paper.
- These three references must be cited in the final policy paper.
- Additional sources can be added (and should if a good grade is desired), but they cannot be removed without permission after the proposal is approved.
- In-text citations and the Works Cited or Reference section must be formatted using MLA citation style. Other MLA formatting elements (e.g. header, page number format, etc.) are not used in this assignment.
- Do not use block quotations (or any quotation that exceeds three lines of text) or first person in the proposal or final policy paper!
References provided in the proposal cannot be changed at a later date without approval (see Step 4 below).
An example of a good policy proposal is provided in eCampus.
A fundamental expectation of college writing is that all key arguments, facts, assertions and claims are supported with research (i.e. parenthetical citations). When a source has been cited, you are expected to acknowledge the source in the body of your text and on a Works Cited page using formal MLA citation format. The paper must be completed using the formatting guidelines provided in the syllabus as “Guidelines for all Coursework.”
I do not allow students to recycle or use essays from other courses. You must receive consent from me in order to do so and you will need to provide a solid justification. Please do not simply submit an assignment that you’ve used in another course as it will not be accepted unless approved.
I choose topic "Unaccompanied migrant children in state shelters" and I already attached 3 sources of academic journals and references about it. you just need to find about 2,3 academic journals more about that problem if you want and write one to 2 pages a proposal. I also attached a sample proposal too
- 11 days ago
- Rosie September
- Amanda Smith
- Angelina May
- Catherine Owens
- kim woods
- Dr R Judy Mark
- MathStat Genius
- prof. mukunga
- Urgent Tutor
- michael smith
- Audrey Niles Phd
- Miss Professor
- Phd christine
- Rima Makenzie
- runge-kutta acer
- MISS MLUCK
- Mss. wendy
- Coleen Anderson
- Prof Nato(PhD)
- Uncle J
- Discussion Questions for Data as an Asset....see below ASSIGNMENT FOR RELIABLE PAPERS ONLY!!!!
- Summary 2
- I have 3 questions assignment
- accounting I
- Assignment 4: Legal and Ethical Considerations in Marketing, Product Safety, and Intellectual Property
- Math Lab Help
- Need done before 8 pm
- Assignment 1: LASA 2: Case Felony Packet—File Preparation and Trial Preparation
- Healthcare Marketing Organization/Product Paper