POLI 330N Week 8 Final Exam (Version 2)Guide4Students
Page 1 - MCQs
- Question (TCO 5) When it comes to electing officials, which factor matters the most to voters in both presidential and parliamentary elections?
- Question (TCO 5) Who receives the most attention in both parliamentary and presidential systems?
- Question (TCO 5) Describe how the United States expands its cabinet.
- Question (TCO 7) Radicals use the term political economy instead of _____ to describe their critique of capitalism and the inequitable distribution of wealth among nations.
- Question (TCO 7) How do Keynesian economic policies differ from the traditional laissezfaire policies developed by Adam Smith?
- Question (TCO 7) What event is largely considered responsible for deterring Johnson’s War on Poverty?
- Question (TCO 7) Which of the following is an increasing financial concern of the Medicare program?
- Question (TCO 7) Why are many politicians wary about limiting Social Security and Medicare expenses?
- Question (TCO 7) How does the American welfare state compare to those of other industrialized nations?
- Question (TCO 7) Theoretically, what are the consequences if the government assumes the burden of bad loans?
- Question (TCO 9) What is the most common response to serious domestic unrest?
- Question (TCO 9) Riots triggered by police beating youths, protests against globalization, and labor strikes against austerity are all examples of _____.
Page 2 - Essays
- Question (TCO 2) What types of states are most likely to become authoritarian? Why? Along the same lines, what authoritarian states have been most likely to democratize? Under what circumstances does this democratization occur and why? Based on previous findings, describe one country you think is likely to democratize in the near future.
- Question (TCO 3) Compare and contrast interest groups and political parties. In your response, be sure to provide examples their similarities and differences. In addition, please assess what advantages interest groups offer that political parties don’t and then what advantages d political parties offer that interest groups don’t.
- Question (TCO 6) Since the end of WWII, international relations have been framed by the conflict between liberal governments and communist ideals. Compare and contrast the features of these systems and assess their continued impact on the global community. Please be certain to explain classical and modern liberalism, socialism, and communism within your responses and provide examples to support your points.
- Question (TCO 8) Today’s world seems to be moving beyond sovereignty and toward supranational leadership to cooperate on issues of global importance. What are some of these issues? How might they be solved through supranational cooperation? Does such cooperation impede the sovereignty of independent nations? Please sure to include specific examples in supporting your points.
- 4 years ago
POLI 330N Week 8 Final Exam (Version 2)
Purchase the answer to view it