Philosophical Differences Between Qualitative and Quantitative Paradigms and ApproachesEveteg
Prior to beginning work on this discussion, read Chapter 1 in the Frost e-book, Qualitative Research Methods in Psychology, and the required journal articles for this week. Also review last week’s PSY635 Week Two Discussion Scenario (Links to an external site.). In that scenario, the three instructors realized there are limits to the insights they can gain through anonymous counting of discussion posts. The instructors would like to answer two additional research questions: (a) How do their students actually feel about the intervention? and (b) How do students view the influence of the intervention on their learning inside and outside of the classroom (if applicable)?
In your initial post, compare the characteristics of appropriate research designs and recommend a qualitative research design that would facilitate answering the instructors’ additional questions. Explain the philosophical paradigm underlying the recommended approach. Evaluate the required articles for this week and describe the assumptions the instructors might have to set aside as they enter into a qualitative research study. Be sure to identify any ethical issues that may apply to the research. Review the characteristics of the quantitative approach you described in the Week Two discussion. Explain the ways in which the quantitative approach and paradigm differs from the qualitative approach and paradigm you have recommended here.
- 2 years ago
- Ellwood House Inc.
- Maths Statistics Four Problems
- Research Proposal Goodwriter
- I need someone make a research about Roman building
- What do you think is the fundamental question underlying the debate concerning the community center? Do you agree with the main points of the article concerning the Sufis? What are your thoughts about the ties between religion and politics as it is seen i
- Annotated bibliography and final paper
- Jim and Lauren Stapleton
- Cost of goods sold
- Kim Woods