PhD TIM-1. Critique Three Problem Statements 2.Identify Problems from the Literature and Write a Problem StatementHonourable101
TWO SEPARATE ASSIGNMENTS WITH TWO REFERENCE LISTS
Compare each of the examples to the recommended outline of a good problem statement: See attached documents
- Introductory sentences about the topic, documenting research interest and importance.
- A succinct statement of the problem: “the problem is XYZ” and where it is found. Evidence can include research findings, statistics, or expert statements.
- Sentences about what the researcher wants to know about the problem or what needs to be done to solve the problem.
Write a short paper in which you share your analysis and recommendations. Be sure to answer the following questions:
- What issues did you find in each of the three problem statements?
- What was done well?
- What could be improved?
Length: 2-3 pages, not including title page and references
Resources: Cite at least three scholarly resources.
The completed assignment should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.
TOPIC OF INTEREST: IOT OR SOCIAL ENGINEERING
Find two recent research articles and one dissertation about a topic that interests you. Locate the problem statements, and then answer the following questions for each document:
- How did the authors introduce the problem?
- What is the stated problem?
- How well is the problem supported by literature?
- What rationale do the authors provide for researching this problem, and how credible is their argument?
- How might the problem statement be improved?
- What conclusions and recommendations do the authors offer, and how may these conclusions/recommendations reflect real-life problems?
Summarize your findings in a Word document. Conduct additional research as needed and formulate a problem statement (related to your chosen topic) that follows the outline provided above. The target length for this part of the paper is 200-250 words.
Length: 3-4 pages, not including title page and references
Support your paper with at least five scholarly resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including older articles, may be included.
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.
- 2 years ago