Petroleum Engineering. WELL TEST: ANALYSIS AND DESIGN
The data requirements are in the files.
You should write seriously. Do what it required.
Well test was carried out on a well completed in an oil reservoir with the properties listed in table 1. The schedule consisted of a short clean-up period followed by a build-up period (first build up), constant rate production for approximately 24 hours and a 48 hour build up period (second build up).20
2. Rate data: Ratedata.txt
Import pressure data in excel and identify first build up, production and second build up.
Tasks 1, 2 and 3, must be carried out manually.
Task 1: Reservoir properties from first build up
1. Forthefirstpressurebuildupdata,constructanequivalenttimecurve 2. Calculatepermeability,skinandinitialpressure
Task 2: Reservoir properties from production data
1. Forthesustained24hourproductiondata,constructasemiloggraphofpressurevstime. 2. Calculatepermeability,skinandwellborestorage.
Task 3: Reservoir properties from second build up
- Forthesecondbuilduptestdata,constructalog-loggraphofpressurevstimeandderivativeofpressure vs time.
- Identify boundary
Task 4: Reservoir properties from Kappa Saphir
- Calculatereservoirpermeability,skinandwellborestorageforfirstbuildup,productionandsecondbuild- up
- Identify boundary
The objective of this exercise is to compare the quality of the data generated through various methods: semilog analysis of pressure drawdown and buildup, type curve matching and through use of software. The report must not be longer than 8 pages. Calculations stated in tasks 1-3 must be included in appendices as Appendix A,B and C. Submit the semilog graphs for tasks 1 and 2 as a hard copy only. Suggested structure of report is:
- Introduction and objectives: Discuss the types of well tests and their specific applicability, associated instrumentation (gauges). Steps need in preparation of a well test.
- Results(summary):Discusskeyresultsfromfirstbuildup,productionanddrawdownfrombothmanual and software computations. Cross compare the results and comment on the observations.
- Uncertainty analysis: Identify the sources of error in the estimation of reservoir properties and address the uncertainities in manual computations. Comment on how improvement of model in Kappa, may affect the estimates of reservoircharacteristics.
- Angelina May
- Math Guruu
- prof avril
- Paula Hog
- AccA Eco Bus
- brilliant answers
- RESPECT WRITER
- Business Writer
- nadia tutor
- Jenny Boom
- work solutions
- Malik Tutor
- Miss Professor
- Homework Pro
- Wendy Lewis
- ENS. writer
- kim woods
- Zack Cooper
- Dr. Ameerah
- finest ever
- doctor alidan
- Dr. alidan
- ACC 260 WEEK 7 DQ 1.doc
- Definitions for the Assignment Medical Patient is a patient who has no procedure code listed in the Principal Procedure column or has a minor diagnostic or therapeutic procedure (codes 87.0-99.99) listed in the Principal Procedure Column.
- Discussion 1 - Discussion - Strategic Thinking
- Detailed discussion/essay on why Sustainability is about more than Recycling.
- Psychology Test
- due 8/11 at 12pm
- Consumer Health Informatics
- ACC 220 Week 9 Final Project Business Plan.doc
- Imagine you are the benefits and services manager for a medium-sized U.S. firm that offers consulting services. Describe how you could use benefits and services to improve your organization’s productivity. Support your position by citing from at least t
- How was photography used as an instrument for social reform? What photograph do you think makes the most powerful social...
Its a Petroleum Engineering report.
You should use the related soft and complete all the requirements.
Well test was carried out on a well completed in an oil reservoir with the …