Personal Creed on ChristologyHRW33
**NO PLAGIARISM**- This has to be submitted through turnitin.com
**!!!Read ALL instructions carefully!!!**
To complete this assignment- USE THE TEMPLATE ATTACHED. This is not a "paper".
For the Critical Assignment the students will write a creed on the Christian faith. A creed (from the Latin, credo, "I believe") is simply a statement of belief, or a doctrinal summary. The creed in this case will include two components: it will express the beliefs of evangelical Christianity as presented in the course material (lectures and readings), but it will also express the students’ own personal beliefs and reflections on the course material. The lectures and the McGrath book will be important resources for this assignment.
The creed is divided into 8 sections:
- Scripture and Truth
- God, the Holy Trinity
- Humanity and Sin
- The Person of Christ
- The Work of Christ
For each of these 8 sections, the students will write about 2 sub-sections:
1.) 1-2 paragraphs on the beliefs of evangelical Christianity on the doctrine in question. By "Evangelical Christianity," I simply mean conservative, gospel-believing Protestantism, that is, the viewpoint expressed in the lectures. This section is more objective, and you will be graded on the accuracy and thoroughness of your presentation of the evangelical view.
2.) 1-2 paragraphs on your own personal beliefs and reflections on the doctrine in question. If you are in fundamental agreement with the course material, you may choose to reflect on the significance of the doctrine for your own personal faith and practice. Or you may choose to register some disagreement with the doctrine in question or to interact critically with the course material. This is your chance to reflect upon what you believe and why you believe it. As such, this section is more subjective. Disagreement will not be penalized, but you will be graded on the thoughtfulness of your interaction.
For each section, be sure to include Scripture references in parentheses that support the beliefs in question. You do not need to cite any sources beyond the McGrath book, but if you do use other sources (in print or online), be sure to cite them. Plagiarism is taken very seriously in higher education; so do not use any material that is not your own without proper citation.
Use the template provided (there is no need to make this assignment conform to MLA or APA style). See the rubric attached to the assignment for more details on how the creed will be assessed.
This is the Critical Assignment for this course and must be passed at an acceptable rate in order to pass the course.
**See the example creed attached for what the assignment should look like.
**See pictures of the rubric attached for what is expected. Use the far left column of the rubric titled "exemplary" to guide you in completing this assignment.
- 2 years ago
- Annotated Bibliography Please Reply ONLY IF YOU Can actually do it
- Calculus function - NEED IT DONE ASAP! only 4 questions.
- What is the difference between a phenotype and a genotype? What is the difference between a gene and an allele?...
- a 90 day note dated august 30 for $5000 at an interest rate if 8.5% was sold on sept 15,...
- i need Rhetorical Summaries for one page in each file
- a square parking lot of 250m on a side. the surface of the lot is planar, sloping to one of...
- High school level close reading project (Only three 1 paragraph answers are needed)
- History - Need 2 - 3 page paper - BlackHawk Down - Analyze the issues and problems of nation building the United States faces in the post-Cold War world
- Research the responsibility of a critical thinker in a contemporary society.