This assignment is based on the following case study:
You and your human resources team work for a hi-tech gaming firm in Northern California called Fighting Games. Fighting Games has offices across Europe and the Pacific Rim and more than 1200 employees in more than 50 countries. Among the biggest challenges the members and leaders of each office face is scheduling meetings in asynchronous time frames. The New York team and the Shanghai team have been assigned to work on the same project. The New York team is leading the story line and the graphics. The Shanghai team is in charge of special effects and overall integration of the game. Meetings are scheduled twice a week. The teams have been meeting, but both teams have been complaining to the executive team. The New York team has been arriving late and running the meetings much longer than they were scheduled to last. This has happened over a dozen times. The relationship between the teams seems strained and not long ago something surprising happened: the Shanghai team canceled a meeting times. The relationship between the teams seems strained and not long ago something surprising happened: the Shanghai team canceled a meeting after the New York Team had arrived late to the last three.
Consider the following points as you prepare for your assignment:
- The New York and Shanghai teams are in different time zones, which makes coordinating meetings difficult.
- There are two cultures involved. Although the American team is multicultural, they have all lived in the US most of their lives. The Chinese team is comprised of all Chinese employees.
Write a 3–5 page paper, using correct APA style and format, on cross-cultural leadership and how this case study's situation might be resolved. Include the following:
- Explain why cultural intelligence is important for HR practitioners and other organizational managers.
- Articulate recommendations to develop cultural intelligence. Make three recommendations.
- Describe how to respond and overcome the issues in the case study.
Your assignment should meet the following requirements:
- Length: 3–5 pages, including references.
- Written communication:communicate in a manner that is scholarly and professional. Your writing should be:
- Concise and logically organized.
- Free of errors in grammar and mechanics.
- Validation and Support: Use a minimum of three relevant and credible scholarly or professional resources such as the Wall Street Journal to support your work.
- APA style and format: Format all citations and references in accordance with current APA guidelines.
Refer to the Cross-Cultural Leadership Scoring Guide to ensure you meet the grading criteria for this assignment before submitting it.
Note: Your instructor may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing. In the tool, click the linked resources for helpful writing information.
- Michelle Malk
- professor mitch
- Colossal Genius
- Prof. Nicholas
- Malik Tutor
- Guru GrAde
- Dr Candice_2547
- JOHN JUNIOR001
- Discount Assign
- Catherine Owens
- brilliant answers
- Tiny Chris
- nadia tutor
- Homework Pro
- KATHERINE BECKS
- Taylor Rodman
- work solutions
- kim woods
- Jenny Boom
- Jessica Luis
- writer respect
- phyllis young
- prof. Speedstar
- Miss Professor
- Wendy Lewis
- Megan Tillman
- ENS. writer
- Phd christine
- Exclusive writer 100
- Dr shamille Clara
- Royal Grade
- Bridget Young
- ADMG L
- payment link
- Environmental health
- ACCT 504 Week 2 DQ 1 Accounting Equation Accounting Cycle Devry
- Unit 6 Discussion
- Alzheimer's and Dementia
- need help
- WHAT IS YOUR DREAM JOB? THIS IS FOR SPEECH MY DREAM JOB IS A NURSE
- PSY/410 Week 3 Treatment of Neurodevelopmental and Neurocognitive Disorders Presentation
- What is bipolar disorder?