Listen perceptively to the "Kyrie" from Missa O Magnum Mysterium by the Renaissance Spanish composer Tomás Luis de Victoria.
- max volume
- No audio loaded.
In 5 short paragraphs (in the same order as the instructions), describe the attributes of the musical selection, according to the following critical criteria:
1. RECOGNIZE AND DESCRIBE:
At least THREE examples of the following seven musical elements : Rhythm, tempo, melody, harmony, timbre, texture, and form that are present in this particular composition, using specific musical terms learned in the course. Refresh your memory (if you have to) by rereading the lectures that cover these particular elements.
A conclusion about what the composer was trying to represent. [Might a fast tempo represent an attempt to escape from danger or dancing at a celebration? This is just an example. Please use your own description]
The composition's emotional value, using language that describes emotional states. Does the music express joy, fear, pleasure, optimism, sadness, or something else? Please specify an emotion, and why the music might express that specific emotion.
The composition's creative quality: What makes this composition a valuable work of art?
Its personal effect on you. How does this work express aspects of the human condition? Does the music suggest a philosophy for living? If so, what do you think it is?
- Click "Add Submission"
- Use the text entry box and/or upload a file to add your assignment.
- Click "Save Changes." You will have the option to "Edit Submission" after you have saved your changes to continue working on your assignment.
- Click "Submit Assignment" when you are ready to submit your assignment to your instructor.
- Click "Continue" at the prompt "Are you sure you want to submit your work for grading? You will not be able to make any more changes."
- Physics Lab
- Lab 4: Gravity and 2-D Ballistic Motion
- can you help me
- Delivering Presentations
- PowerPoint need today by 5pm EST
- A hospital is planning to start a new fitness program for the surrounding community. The fixed monthly cost of the program will be
- PROJECT 2 Manager desk book
- Marketing homeworkdue today
- Research the custodial model of incarceration of the United States and the rehabilitation model of the United Kingdom.