Watch The Gold Rush (Chaplin, 1925) while taking into account the information you learned through this week’s readings and lectures. You will be addressing this film in this week’s second discussion.
The summary link is:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gold_Rush
After watching The Gold Rush, compare the content and style with modern comedy. Focus on the physicality of the performers and the filmmaking and not on the fact that modern comedy relies upon speech. Are there physical comedians today that can compare to Chaplin? Do modern comedies have the same blend of comedy and romance? Do you feel the humor of the silent comedies holds up and why or why not?
Use specific vocabulary and concepts we learned to describe what you're seeing and intended effect on the viewer.
- 4 months ago
- Programming in MATLAB
- Susquehanna Equipment Rentals Comprehensive Problem
- For Goodwriter only C5
- BSCOM/336-Communication Theories and Practice Week 3
- Persuasive Paper Part 3: Possible Disadvantages, Answers, with Visuals
- YHTOMIT ONLY PLEASE WILL NOT RESPOND TO ANYONE ELSE
- FOR: MICHAEL SMITH ONLY....5 posts needed...Operations Management Class
- I need a Professional APA Paper for Safety, Evidence-based practice, Communication, Patient-centered care and Leadership
- A health care organization is comprised of different professionals who serve different functions. Their roles may determine how they view...