Moral Development and Bullying due in 48 hourscombs
DUE IN 48 HOURS
Moral Development and Bullying
Chapter 11 of the course textbook examines cultural aspects of moral development, Kohlberg's moral reasoning theory, and Gilligan’s alternative approach to Kohlberg.
Reflect on what you have read about the related issues of bullying in schools and teen suicide and consider these materials in light of your experience with bullying, both as a child and, if applicable, as a parent or adult observing this activity among school-age children.
Then locate and review one anti-bullying program with an Internet presence.
For this assignment, address the following items, being mindful of your emotional and intellectual responses to bullying and the exercise of asymmetrical power among school-age children:
- Summarize your thoughts and feelings about bullying and teen suicide as pathologies of moral development in middle childhood.
- Describe how Kohlberg's model can be applied to bullying programs in schools.
- Then explain Gilligan’s critique of, and alternative to, Kohlberg’s approach, evaluating tensions between the two approaches and what each approach brings to an analysis of bullying.
- Compare and contrast the two approaches with respect to bullying behavior and specifically to bullying behavior among girls versus boys. Do you believe different theoretical tools are necessary to analyze female versus male cases? Why or why not?
- Finally, evaluate how successfully the program you found on the Internet addresses and accounts for and applies knowledge about moral development as theorized by Kohlberg, Gilligan, and others. How do theories of moral development inform action to prevent and treat the consequences of bullying?
Your paper should be 1200-1600 words in length. Support your analysis and evaluation with references to the textbook readings as well as to no fewer than two peer-reviewed, scholarly sources that focus on the two theorists in question.
- a year ago
- How does this theory inform our understanding of plagiarism (intentional vs. unintentional) and moral development? After one has been fully informed of the different types of plagiarism, is it REALLY unintentional, and how does that factor into moral deve
- A pure gold ring with a volume of 1.27 cm3 is initially at 14.7 âC. When it is put on, it warms to...
- CAN YOU HELP ME
- dr. Smith Harvey
- article summaries
- Fin 550 week 4 assignment Assignment 1: Portfolio Management
- Assignment 2: The Application Paper
- Question and Problem Sets week 5
- business management