After studying this week’s assigned readings (Attached PPT), discussion the following:
1. What are the business costs or risks of poor data quality? Support your discussion with at least 3 references.
2. What is data mining? Support your discussion with at least 3 references.
3. What is text mining? Support your discussion with at least 3 references.
Please use APA throughout.
Remember your initial post is due by Wednesday night and two (2) follow-up responses.
In your response to your classmates, consider comparing your articles to those of your classmates. Below are additional suggestions on how to respond to your classmates’ discussions:
- Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information, evidence or research.
- Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
- Offer and support an alternative perspective using readings from the classroom or from your own research.
- Validate an idea with your own experience and additional research.
- Make a suggestion based on additional evidence drawn from readings or after synthesizing multiple postings.
- Expand on your colleagues’ postings by providing additional insights or contrasting perspectives based on readings and evidence.
Grading for discussions.
- All discussions must be completed on-time and must include in-text citations and references in APA style formatting. If you do not use in-text citations or they are not in APA format you will lose 3 points. If you do not have references or if they are not in APA format, you will lose 5 points. (You do not need citations and references for secondary posts).
- You will lose 10% based on word count if your posts are too short. For example, your initial post is 300 words, if you have 250 words you will lose 5 points. 50 words short times 10% (50 x .10 = 5).
- If any part of your post is copied and pasted (ANY POST), you will receive a “0”. I will not ask you about it and you will not have a chance to resubmit the post.
- If your post is late, you will lose points depending on how late the post is. No points will be given for any assignment posted after the discussion ends Sunday night.
- a year ago
- 8 months ago
- NOT RATED
Consider your organization or another organization with which you are familiar. Briefly describe the organization, and then answer the following questions:
3 years ago
- What do you think is one of the …