Mini task 4 – Leveraging Secondary Associations
MKB2706 Brand and Product Management, S1 2019
Assessment 2: Mini Tasks (4 mini tasks worth 20%)
Mini task 4 – Leveraging Secondary Associations (5% marks)
This task requires you to apply the theories and concepts you learnt in week 7. In last mini task you selected brand elements to facilitate brand identification and differentiation.
In this mini task you need to focus on selecting some secondary associations for your brand. Leveraging secondary associations is an indirect approach to build brand equity.
Secondary associations are discussed in Chapter 7 (Leveraging Secondary Associations to build brand equity) of the text. Please read this chapter before you attempt this task.
Mini task 3 should contain the following:
- Very briefly describe your new product/brand and your positioning strategy (from mini task 1/2. No mark allocated for this. It is just to remind the reader what your product/brand is. This section is not counted in word limit)
- Choose any 3 (three) of the following secondary associations that you think are most appropriate for your brand.
o Country of origin or other geographic areas
o Co-branding(thisincludesingredientbranding) o Spokesperson
o Other third party sources
For each chosen secondary association discuss:
why the association is appropriate for your brand
what brand knowledge/ associations will transfer from the chosen entity to your
brand. (Please read p 261 to p263 of the text to understand the leveraging process) and
How it would help to build equity of your brand
Use a wide range and a variety of sources as a base of your discussion and to provide strong support for your arguments.
Your assignment will be graded based on the following:
- (i) Clear identification and justification of chosen secondary association (3 x 10 =
- (ii) Discussion on transfer of knowledge/associations(3 x 10=30% marks)
- (iii) Discussion on the contribution of the association to brand equity (3x10=30%
- (iv) Structure, logical flow, originality, clarity of written expression, use of APA
referencing format (10% marks)
- Submit online via Moodle as a pdf file.
- Submit as an essay with headings/subheadings.
- Include a title page with your name and student ID.
- Word limit: 500 words.
- Use APA referencing format within the text and in your reference list (see Q
- Include at least 3 journal articles (at least one article for each chosen secondary association) to support your discussion/arguments.
- Quality Assignments
- Dr. Ameerah
- Amanda Smith
- The grAde
- Dominant Answers
- Emily Blunt
- KATHERINE BECKS
- Jenny Boom
- ANN HARRIS
- Jessica Luis
- Brainy Brian
- Dr Candice_2547
- Catherine Owens
- Malik Tutor
- Tiny Chris
- university work
- nadia tutor
- kim woods
- Rey writer
- prof avril
- brilliant answers
- Miss Professor
- Emily Clare
- phyllis young
- Sara Waynes
- Wendy Lewis
- Ph.D A+ Grade
- Dr shamille Clara
- Quickly answer
- Asad Ullah
- Michelle Lewis Phd
- Eva Green
- Harris Khan
- Dr. Elahi
- proffessor linah
- Saad Fahim
- Emily Michael
- Addy Williams
- PHI210 (Critical Thinking) Week 4 Assignment 1.2
- Judicial Self-Restraint
- for BlackhartWriter only!
- Discussion question #2
- Measures of Central Tendency
- 2 discussion questions
- Write a 500-600 word paper, discussing police subculture.
- Final Essay
- I need this assignment completed by 9:00am on 01/18/16