Lumbar surgical would exploration and debridement and packing.
Details of the Procedure:
Under suitable administered general anesthesia, the patient was placed in the prone position with all pressure points suitable padded. The patients draining wound was reopened and the dissection went up to the fascia, and the skeletal muscle. A thorough exploration was performed to see if there was any sinus draining, either deep or laterally, and none was found. There was scar tissue with infected-looking subcutaneous tissue which was excised using the scalpel. As there was no evidence that the infection went deep to the muscle, the muscle was not removed. The scalpel was used to remove approximately 2-3 mm of tissue circumstantially, but not deep to the muscle. After thorough irrigation, the wound was packed with iodoform gauze. He was then transferred to the recovery room in stable condition.
Identify as many medical terms and abbreviations from the passage above. Briefly explain in your own words what you think may be wrong with the patient.
- 5 months ago
- ACCT 324 Week 3 Course Project,Deductions,Losses & Depreciation
- BUS 210 Week 3 CheckPoint- Code of Ethics
- 2 DQ
- Managing Conflict and Resistance
- Essay on Native American Boarding School
- For AcademicResearch only so please dont ask to do this assingnment I have someone already Thanks
- Why does acid precipitation weather rocks faster than normal precipitation
- need help writing safety report