Mechanistic Versus Organicssherman02
Write a research paper about mechanistic organizational structure and organic organizational structure in which you address environmental considerations and changes and compare and contrast the two types of structure in terms of their differences and their application to the current environment.
It is useful to focus on the importance of designing organizations that are flexible and responsive in the hyper-competitive and rapidly changing global marketplace of today. Because of the nature of today's environment, it is absolutely critical that organizations be flexible, adaptable to change, and completely focused on the customer.
This requires that they are able to completely reinvent themselves as necessary. It can literally mean the difference between success and failure.
What do we mean when we talk about mechanistic and organic organizational structure? How do these types of structures influence organizational performance and the ability of an organization to learn and adapt to changes in the environment? Is one type preferable over the other?
Complete the following:
- Briefly define mechanistic organizational structure and organic organizational structure.
- Compare and contrast the main differences between the two types of organizational structure.
- Explain how environmental changes translate into mechanistic versus organic organizational structure.
- Describe how the current environment is changing and where you see it heading.
- Compare how mechanistic organizations handle the turbulence of hyper-change and hyper-competition versus how organic organizations address the same issues.
- Explain which type of organizational structure you feel is more applicable to the current local and global environment, and why.
To successfully complete this assessment, you will need to conduct some research into mechanistic and organic organizational structure. You should format this assessment as a research paper following APA 6th edition guidelines for both style and citing sources, making sure that you also use correct grammar and mechanics. There is no required minimum or maximum page length; however, you should strive to be as detailed as possible in addressing each bullet point, while also being as clear and concise as possible.
Please note: The term environment is used throughout this course to mean all of the external factors that affect an organization. These include, but are not limited to, the overall global market, the industry as a whole, and the financial market.
- 2 years ago
- Economics 2
- 20 question quiz
- Design Patterns
- Evaluate Disney on page 178 of the textbook. Respond to each of the questions using theory as well as practical managerial thought with a minimum of 400 words. In order to support your academic writing, remember to use correctly formatted in-text citation
- SEC280 SEC/280 SEC 280 Week 3 Case Study
- three-page analysis and a persuasive essay in 2–3 pages
- Determining Conditions of Probation Simulation
- MANAGERIAL ACCOUNTING CALCULATIONS ASSIGNMENT