MBA-FPX5002 Ass 2 Draft 1 Defining Yourself As a Leader 2pages
- Prepare a 2-page business report in which you analyze your leadership strengths and develop a statement of who you are as a leader. Explain how coaching can be used to maximize your leadership strengths and achieve your professional goals.
This portfolio work project helps you define who you are as a leader. It is something that would be useful to you in annual performance reviews or to use as a reminder of your strengths and best qualities.
Your leader is interested in your development as a leader in your organization. You have recently taken the BetterUp self- assessment and have participated in at least one BetterUp coaching session. Your leader would like you to spend some time reflecting on the results of your assessment and gathering some additional information from those who know you best.
Your role is to prepare a report in which you review and reflect on your strengths; collect additional information from 3–5 colleagues, friends, or others who know you well; and create a portrait of yourself as a leader.
Before completing this assessment, you must have taken the BetterUp self-assessment and participated in one coaching session.
This assessment requires you to collect feedback from 3–5 people who know you best.
Because not everyone is likely to respond, you should identify at least 10 people to ask. Choose a variety of people who have had extended contact with you, such as:
- Colleagues (former or current), such as vendors, customers, or board members.
- Friends (old or recent), neighbors, or fellow volunteers.
- Family members.
- Others who know you well. Be creative in your choices.
- Try to give your respondents sufficient time to respond. You can create a feedback form or keep it simpler.
The questions you should ask are:
- Who am I when I am at my best?
- Can you provide a specific example of a time when I was at my best?
- You can reach out by phone, e-mail, text, or in person. Analyze your leadership strengths.
For this paper:
- Identify your top three strengths from the BetterUp assessment. Explain how you currently use those strengths.
- Discuss your strengths, both as identified by the BetterUp assessment and by summarizing what the people that you asked about you responded.
- Develop a statement of who you are as a leader, based on your analysis. You may wish to include your purpose, values, strengths, goals, and more. You may also wish to add to your statement who you want to be as a leader—what you aspire to. This way, your statement becomes your own vision of who you want to be.
- Explain how the live BetterUp coaching experience that you had during this course can help you use your leadership strengths and best self to achieve your professional goals.
- Deliverable Format
Your deliverable is a 2–3-page business report. Because this is a personal reflection, you may write it in the first person and do not need to cite any supporting references. Refer to the writing resources in the MBA Program Resources in the courseroom navigation panel, especially paying attention to the MBA Academic and Professional Document Guidelines, under Writing Skills.
Related Company Standards
The Defining Yourself As a Leader business report is a professional document and should therefore follow the corresponding MBA Academic and Professional Document Guidelines, including single-spaced paragraphs. In addition to the report, include:
- Title page or a heading at the top of the first page with title, date, and your name.
- References page (if applicable).
- APA-formatted references (if applicable).
- You might consider using the following outline:
- Introduction. (Tell the reader what this paper is about.)
- My Strengths. (Detail your BetterUp-identified strengths and describe how you currently use those strengths.)
- Leadership Statement. (Create a statement of who you want to be as a leader—make it aspiring, like an affirmation.)
- Conclusion. (Wrap up the paper, mentioning that you had your BetterUp coaching, and describe specific ways how you can use the future BetterUp coaching sessions to lead yourself or others even better.)
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies through corresponding scoring guide criteria:
- Competency 1: Analyze the strengths and behaviors of successful leaders.
- Analyze personal leadership strengths.
- Develop a personal leadership statement that includes purpose and values as a leader.
- Competency 2: Apply leadership strengths and behaviors to workplace situations.
- Explain how the live coaching experience during this course can help with the use of leadership strengths to achieve professional goals.
- Competency 4: Communicate effectively through academic and professional writing.
- Develop text using organization, structure, and transitions that demonstrate understanding of the relationship between the main topic and subtopics.
- Convey clear meaning in text through sound grammar, usage, word choice, and mechanics.
- Faculty will use the scoring guide to review your deliverable as if they were your boss. Review the scoring guide prior to developing and submitting your assessment.
Note: Faculty may use the Writing Feedback Tool when grading this assessment. The Writing Feedback Tool is designed to provide you with guidance and resources to develop your writing based on five core skills. You will find writing feedback in the Scoring Guide for the assessment, once your work has been evaluated.
This portfolio work project demonstrates your competency in applying knowledge and skills required of an MBA learner in the workplace. Include this in your personal ePortfolio. See the MBA Program Resources for more information on ePortfolio.
- Emily Clare
- Genuine Genius
- Tutor Cyrus Ken
- university work
- Cotton Candy
- Prof James Kelvin
- Agher Editor
- Emily Michael
- RESPECT WRITER
- wizard kim
- Ranchoddas Chanchad PhD
- Abdullah Anwar
- Tiny Chris
- quality work for all
- Stano 001
- Eva Green
- prof bradley
- Jessica Luis
- Dr Candice_2547
- Catherine Owens
- Brainy Brian
- Ashley Ellie
- PROF. ANN
- Casey Celia
- brilliant answers
- Dr shamille Clara
- kim woods
- Phd christine
- prof avril
- Miss Professor
- michael smith
- RELIABLE PAPERS
- Business Writer
- Angelina May
- Rey writer
- Wendy Lewis
- firstclass tutor
- Miss Lily J.
- Senior Advanced Writer
- Jen Tech1
- Saad Fahim
- Dr. Claver-NN
- Michelle Owens
- A-Grade Writer
- Madam Josephine
- Hawks Eye
- Top Notch Answer
- Bright Grades
- Dr Natasha
- P4wan A-grader