Managing Interpersonal Conflict Discussionandreaa_arias
Select one of the scenarios listed below. Use one of the Conflict Management Strategies discussed in Chapter 8 to resolve the situation. Remember to identify and explain the strategy you selected.
- Mary did not receive the promotion she felt she deserved. She decides to deliberately instigate a work slow-down which in turn casts the supervisor in a bad light. As a result, and due to the fact that it was a slow month, all employees’ hours have been reduced.
- At her recent doctor’s appointment, Susan confided in the nurse about a rather personal matter. After Susan left the doctor’s office, the nurse disclosed the confidential information with the other nurses, and her conversation was easily overheard by patients in the waiting room.
- Sandra fills out a job application for a position as an executive secretary. She submits a résumé which contains embellished skills, training and experience. She is ultimately selected for the position. She finds herself unable to perform some of the duties as described in the job description and without proper approval, often reassigns her work to the other secretaries. This is causing stress and confusion among the secretaries
- During her recent lunch date with her best friend, Mary, Ann shares personal details about her failed marriage. Their waitress, Shelly, overhears some details of confidential information and shares the information with the other waitresses. Unbeknownst to Shelly, the group of other waitresses includes Ann’s daughter.
- You are a cashier at a grocery store. As the assistant manager (who is also your mom’s fiancée) is closing out your drawer for the evening, you notice him take two $20.00 bills and slip them in his pocket. Your manager has confronted you several times due to a shortage of money in your drawer.
Your Initial Post to Discussion: 100 words minimum
Reply to Classmate 1: 100 words minimum
Managing Interpersonal Conflicts-
It this situation, Sandra is avoiding her situation and putting it on others. First off, Sandra should have never lied on her resume. Still, there are some things the secretaries can do to try to resolve this situation. The secretaries should try to talk to Sandra and explain the stress she is placing on them and how it is truly not fair to them. The least she should do is go to the secretaries and have them explain how to do each of her tasks. If this fails and Sandra uses nonnegotiating with the secretaries, they should leave the ethical strategy and use force by, courteously and professionally, telling Sandra that she is breaking policy by doing this. If she does not take proper action, they will have to report it due to policy.
REply to classmate 2 (100 words)
Managing Interpersonal Conflict DiscussionCOLLAPSE
The scenario I chose is the scenario of Ann sharing personal details about her marriage with her friend Mary and the waitress Shelly gossiping about it with the rest of the staff. In this scenario, I think that Ann should use the Talk Conflict Management Strategy. Conflict Management Strategy Talk focuses on talking about the problem and listening. I think Ann should pull the waitress to the side and talk to her in a calm and respectful manner. Ann should ask her why she would talk badly about her and she should listen to the waitress response. Although the waitress might not have much to say, this strategy might make the waitress feel guilt and stop her from talking bad about Ann or anyone else in the future. This strategy is better than being forceful because using force might cause violence and both parties to be angry. Talking things through is a healthy way to face conflict.
- 2 years ago
- History Exam
- Challenges in the Global Business Environment
- Week 6 Assignment - Bus Mgmt- Online Class
- Discussion 1 & 2
- Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which the student answers the following three (3) items using headers to separate each item: 1.Discuss either two (2) civil liberties or two (2) civil rights events (past or current) that have influenced a sense o
- SEC 460 Media Reporting of Terrorist Activities
- POS 355 File Management
- Financial Statements Paper Part I
- Only For Expert Julia
- discrimination (part 1)