Read overview of important concepts(2 files I posted) and watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=13&v=n4gh7Brl1fs&feature=emb_title
Write an essay of approximately 3 pages (750 words) in which you will compare and contrast TWO novels from the following:
"Ragged Dick" "A Little Princess" "The Prince & The Pauper"
Your main job is to show important similarities and/or differences between the two stories. You may focus on one or more of the different literary and style elements we have discussed.
Your essay must have:
1. An introduction that clearly refers to both texts. Include the title, author and illustrator (if applicable) of each novel. Your introduction should not be a summary of the story or stories. Rather, you must look for unifying ideas or connections that you can make in order to hold your introduction together - so that it doesn't read like two separate introductions.
2. A complex thesis, which mentions the points of comparison. This will provide a road map that you can follow for the rest of your paper.
3. Three specific points of comparison between the texts. Each main point will be developed in a separate body paragraph.
4. You may focus on similarities, differences, or both. DO NOT try to cover all the literary elements. Pick no more than three points of comparison.
5. Be sure to make clear references to the text being analyzed. You may quote, paraphrase, or simply refer to specific events in your story.
6. Be sure to proofread carefully for grammar and language since these are an important part of your grade.
Note: This assignment does not require research. It is based on your personal analysis. Please DO NOT use outside sources.
- Mark Twain wrote this book as a critique of social inequality and judging others for their appearance. Pick one particular scene from the book and describe and analyze how the author gets his message across.(250 words)
Compare and contrast the characters of the prince and the pauper. What does each boy learn about the other's life? What can this book teach children? (100-150 words)
Works of historical fiction are always historically accurate.
Select one:True or False
Sir Walter Scott was one of the most popular historical fiction writers of his time.
Historical fiction has its roots in Romanticism.
Children's historical fiction often includes time travel in order to help children make the transition between the contemporary world and the past.
Historical fiction employs believable settings and characters.
Historical fiction writing involves very little research.
World building is not necessary in historical fiction writing because all facts are accessible through research.
Good historical fiction writing must immerse the reader in a different time and place.
Lucian of Samosa only wrote one work of science fiction.
All characters in historical fiction novels are based on real people who lived during the time.
- 2 months ago
- runge-kutta acer
- Jane the tutor
- Dr shamille Clara
- quality work for all
- Ashley Claire
- Dr. Elahi
- Prof. Eliud Peterson
- Paula Hog
- MEERAB NAEEM
- Ultimate GEEK
- Agher Editor
- Bethuel Best
- Brainy Brian
- wizard kim
- university work
- brilliant answers
- MathStat Genius
- Amanda Smith
- michael smith
- Michelle Owens
- Ashley Ellie
- Prof. Massarra
- Dr Candice_2547
- Rima Makenzie
- Wendy Lewis
- PROF washington watson
- Catherine Owens
- Terry Roberts
- prof avril
- HELPER WRITER
- kim woods
- Rey writer
- RESPECT WRITER
- Phd christine
- phyllis young
- Homework Pro
- MISS MLUCK
- Colossal Genius
- Dr Ava_Mia
- RELIABLE PAPERS
- Project Network security
- Analysing technical document
- 1:Three characteristics of Big Data, and what are the main considerations in processing Big Data
- dis 10
- Personality, Perception, and Employee Attitudes
- Feminism Studies:How do this week's readings prompt us to expand how we discuss and imagine pleasure in the social imaginary?
- Developing IT Compliance Program
- Essay Topic
- Res 709 Development of Research Foundations