LIBERTY UNIVERSITY BIBL 104 QUIZ 7 ANSWERS (A+)indigo11
IMPORTANT: AFTER PURCHASE, OPEN THIS PAGE AGAIN AND SCROLL DOWN BELOW TO DOWNLOAD FILES WITH ANSWERS.
LIBERTY UNIVERSITY BIBL 104 QUIZ 7
1. Paul reminds Titus that since people were saved “not by works of righteousness that we had done, but according to His mercy” and justified by God’s grace, they should live a life of good works toward all men.
2. Paul’s instructs the Corinthians that his perspective on the Gospel ministry includes the idea that the ministry is an opportunity to display the glory of God.
3. One of Paul’s principal achievements was that he wrote thirteen books of the New Testament, which are a primary source of theological information
4. According to the textbook, Paul asserts in 1 Thessalonians that because of the promise of the rapture, believers will not suffer the wrath of the Day of the Lord.
5. According to the textbook, Paul teaches in 2 Thessalonians that the rapture will precede the removal of the “restrainer,” the revealing of the Antichrist, the time of tribulation, and the final Day of the Lord.
6. In 1 Timothy Paul identified two acts of heresy: forbidding marriage and abstinence from food.
7. In Romans Paul shows that all are accountable and no one can be justified by his own good works, with or without the law.
8. According to the textbook, to keep him from exalting himself, God gave him a thorn in the flesh.
9. In Philemon, Paul pleads with Philemon to take Onesimus back and forgive him for both the crimes of stealing and running away because “you owe me over and above your very soul.”
10. Paul’s hope in Philippians was to offer practical encouragements to his friends at Philippi so they would not be tempted to doubt God’s faithfulness even in dire circumstances.
11. In 2 Corinthians Paul told the church that the Macedonians were giving a contribution for the work of the ministry. Thus, their contribution was appreciated but not needed.
12. According to Paul in Romans, justification was provided by Christ’s substitutionary death on the cross as a satisfaction for man’s sin for all who come to Christ in faith.
13. In the Corinthian church some believed in Christ’s resurrection but not in the resurrection of believers.
14. According to the textbook, Galatians can be termed the Magna Carta of Christian liberty. It states unequivocally that salvation is through faith alone, in Christ alone, by grace alone, without works of any kind.
15. The Roman church consisted of both Jews and Gentiles, but the majority were Jews.
16. Epistles are the most common literary form in the New Testament. They are “occasional” letters; that is, they were designed to deal with specific situations.
17. In Ephesian, Paul pictures believers as being “in Christ.” This is a special relationship with God because they are perfect in Christ.
18. The problems addressed in First Corinthians arose when various groups sided with different leaders who best represented their view of Christianity.
19. According to Paul in Galatians, the law locked imprisoned us, but provided no remedy. Only faith in Christ can atone for sin and free us from the law’s condemnation.
20. According to Paul in Galatians, Christ redeemed us by becoming a _________ for us when He hung on the cross.
21. __________ is a short and extremely practical book that is focused primarily on church ministry and, secondarily, on Christian discipleship.
22. In order to demonstrate the self-sacrifice and humility of Jesus, Paul boasted in his weakness rather than his strength in 2 Corinthians.
23. In First Corinthians Paul address three moral issues in the church. One of these is the issue
24. In First Corinthians, Paul encouraged these believers to examine their attitudes before partaking in this ordinance of the church.
25. Paul urges the Galatians to “stand firm” in Christ’s liberty and that failing to do this would mean “you have fallen from grace.” This means they will have lost their salvation.
26. Spiritual warfare takes place both in heaven and on earth. Because believers have victory in Christ in heaven, they should and can have victory on this earth. So, Paul exhorts believers in Ephesians to prepare for spiritual battle on this earth.
27. Paul sees believers as having three chief duties. One of these duties is towards the
28. Paul argues in Galatians that the law requires perfect obedience, and since no one is perfect, all are condemned by the law. Only faith in Christ’s finished work can save anyone.
29. One of Paul’s principal achievement was that he was the main leader in extending the church into Asia Minor and Greece, becoming known as the premier apostle to the Gentiles.
30. In Philippians Paul argues that true joy and peace are not contingent on circumstances but rather in knowing that an all-powerful and all-loving God is in control.
31. The book of Colossians can be divided into two section. The first section is a section of doctrine and the second section is a section on
32. 2 Timothy was written by Paul to Timothy just before Paul’s martyrdom.
33. In Philemon, Paul makes himself personally responsible for the amount stolen by Onesimus. He tells Philemon to “Charge that to my account.”
34. In Philippians, Paul asserts that he is pursing Christ as passionately as a runner would pursue the goal and prize of winning a race.
35. Paul tells the Philippians that they should live in unity, humility, and selflessness. He then gives himself as the example for believers to follow when he claims, “follow me as I follow Christ.”
36. Paul’s instructs the Corinthians that his perspective on the Gospel ministry includes the idea that the minister, in response, endures many hardships in order not to discredit the ministry.
37. Paul’s letter to the ___________ includes one of the most complete statements about the true nature of the person of Christ in the New Testament.
38. According to the textbook, Paul asserts in 2 Thessalonians that the Day of the Lord will not begin until the “man of lawlessness” (the Antichrist) is revealed.
39. In First Corinthians Paul address three moral issues in the church. One of these is the issue of
40. In order to “not carry out the desire of the flesh,” Paul urges the Galatians to
41. Paul removed any obstacle Timothy might have had to ministry among Jews by having the young man circumcised.
42. The Galatian Christians were being influenced by Judaizers who would have Gentile believers circumcised and live by the law.
43. The book of Romans can be divided into two major parts. The first part deals with doctrine and the second part deals with
44. In the first section of Romans Paul shows that _____________ are under condemnation.
45. Paul founded the church in Rome on his first missionary journey.
46. In Ephesians, Paul asserts that, while believers are the church and the bride, Christ is the Bridegroom.
47. The dominant theme of 2 Timothy is Timothy’s departure from the truth which Paul was seeking to correct.
48. The task that Paul gives Titus is to appoint elders and reprove the rebellious.
49. According to Paul in Galatians, the law was also “our guardian” to lead us to Christ.
50. According to Paul in Romans, the presence of the indwelling Holy Spirit has set believers free from the law and the rule of sin and death.
BUY MORE MATERIALS FOR THIS COURSE:
- 2 years ago
Purchase the answer to view it