Leadership in Health Care DPkimdevore
- Write a 4-5 page paper describing why you are interested in working in the sector of the health care system that you are considering for your health care management career, and the different types of professionals you will be responsible for leading or interacting with. You will also write about the leadership styles and behaviors of those you have worked for, and discuss an example of a positive experience related to personal power and effective leadership and what you might learn from it.
"Healthcare personnel comprise one of the largest labor forces in the United States" (Niles, 2018, p. 184). This assessment will examine a variety of health care related professions, as well as leadership skills and approaches. Management opportunities in the health care system are extensive and constantly expanding as the industry grows and transforms.
As a leader in health care, you may be interacting with or leading individuals in many different positions. It is vital that you understand the current overall breakdown of the health care delivery system workforce, and stay current with the many new positions emerging as our technology advances, and our system transforms. We do not have a clear picture of exactly where we are headed in service delivery and advanced technology, the resulting inevitable shifts in existing professional careers, and the array of brand new management career options that may present themselves. Although fundamental leadership skills and approaches remain constant, they may need to be applied in innovative ways to effectively lead staff and organizations of the future.
Niles, N. J. (2018). Basics of the U.S. health care system (3rd ed.). Jones & Bartlett.
Prepare for this assessment activity by consulting the Health Care Leadership research resources provided with this assessment.
You are preparing for a challenging leadership role in the ever changing health care industry. Developing your own leadership style, as appropriate for the sector of the health care system in which you work, or plan to work, begins by exploring leadership theories and concepts, and choosing and developing what works best for you. This assessment is designed to jump-start your thinking in that direction.
Write a 4–5 page paper addressing the following:
- Explain why you are interested in working in the sector of the health care system that you are interested in for your business management career.
- Briefly, describe the different types of professionals you will be responsible for leading and interacting with (refer to your own outside research).
- Reflect on your career experiences to identify the leadership styles and behaviors of those you have worked for to describe an example of a positive experience related to personal power and effective leadership.
- Support your insights and ideas by referring to leadership concepts and theories from your research.
- Describe what you might learn from this experience as you develop your own leadership style and behaviors (specifically with the professionals you will lead and interact with in your chosen sector of the health care system).
- Refer to the scoring guide to ensure that your work meets the grading criteria for this assessment.
- Written communication: Writing should be clear and well organized, with no technical writing errors, as expected of a business professional.
- APA Style: Citations and references must be formatted using current APA style.
- Length of paper: 4–5 typed, double-spaced pages, excluding the title page and references page.
- Font: Times New Roman, 12 point.
- Competencies Measured
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies:
- Competency 2: Utilize critical thinking skills to analyze health care delivery system management challenges as related to population health indicators, and political, economic, and consumer-driven forces.
- Explain interest in the chosen sector of the health care system for health care management career.
- Describe the different types of professionals whom a manager will be responsible for leading or interacting with in chosen sector of health care system.
- Reflect on career experiences to identify the leadership styles and behaviors of those worked for to describe an example of a positive experience related to personal power and effective leadership.
- Support insights and ideas by referring to leadership concepts and theories from research.
- Describe what has been learned from this experience to develop personal leadership style and behaviors (specifically with the professionals who be lead and interacted with in chosen sector of the health care system).
- Competency 4: Communicate in a manner that is professional and consistent with expectations for member of the business professions.
- Write clearly, effectively, and professionally, using current APA style to cite and reference all resources.
- 3 months ago
- case study ( A-plus )
- Econ 2 Final Spring 2015 version
- Assignment 1: Discussion—Influencing Behavior
- time value of money concepts excel spreadsheet
- Homework assignment
- PHI208 Ethics & Moral Reasoning -Ashford University-Week 3 Short Essay
- For Tutor Faith Only
- Perfect Solution BUSN410 MIDTERM