Read the article Growing Up Locked Up and view the video Kids Behind Bars (or a longer video Stickup Kid). Then, go the web page Should Teens be Tried as Adults. Read the stories of each of the four juveniles. Finally, looking back at Discussions 2, 4, 7 and 8. Present mitigating factors for each the four (4) teens [in the PBS Frontline article] that would support each one remaining in juvenile court. Please provide specific reasons for each juvenile.
Discussion 2 was about the stages of brain development in teenagers and how it highlights or explains the decision-making abilities of teens.
Discussion 4 was about juveniles being labeled in negative ways.
Discussion 7 talks about juveniles being sexually abused and neglected.
Discussion 8 was about how early experiences affect brain development of juveniles
Links to articles and videos.
Kids behind bars -https://amara.org/en/videos/uOFmw62PoHMO/info/kids-behind-bars-national-geographic/
Should teens be tried as adults - https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/juvenile/
2 paragraphs or more
- 2 months ago
- MATH302 STATISTICS QUIZ 4 COMPLETE SOLUTION
- Melton River resort opened for business on June 1 with eight air conditioned units.
- ECO Peer Review
- financial outcomes paper apple inc
- history discussion
- < University of Michigan-Flint MGT 313 Quiz 5 Winter 2015 >
- Assignment 2
- DISCUSSION WK 6
- Write a two-page executive summary for your boss explaining how a relational data solution can be applied to a current business problem or area for improvement.
- Due in 10 hours