J5 Journal, J5 Reflection Paper, J6 Journal, J6 Case Study
, we learned that tragic events detract people from their normal ethical stance. Why do you think this is the case? Bring forward a tragic event that has happened in your lifetime as an example and explain whether your ethical stance shifted during that time. If you could go back in time, would you choose to handle the situation differently? Why or why not?
Your journal entry must be at least 200 words.
Select a significant tragic event (either domestic or global) that has occurred during the last 50 years. The interactive PowerPoint in this unit provides some ideas of historical tragic events but understand that these are just ideas. After describing the event and the post-tragedy events, discuss the ethical aspects revolving around this incident. This may require some additional research to understand the ethical situations and the impact these had on affected people being able to move on with their lives.
- Describe the actions of people and organizational leaders directly and indirectly involved with the tragedy. Specifically, address the ethical issues they faced.
- What were some of the actions of local, state and federal personnel with respect to dealing with this tragedy?
- Explain the strategies of organizations that attempted to assist with the clean-up after the tragic event. Describe several of the pressures that influenced their strategies. Distinguish between social responsibility, integrity and simple business ethics.
- How has this event affected the ethical culture here in the United States? What other affect has it had on society as a whole? should be a minimum of two double-spaced pages. References should include, at minimum, one additional credible reference beyond the required reading. All sources used must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations, and cited per A&P guidelines.
- should be a minimum of two double-spaced pages. References should include, at minimum, one additional credible reference beyond the required reading. All sources used must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations, and cited per A&P guidelines.
Think about a company you have worked for, either currently or in the past. Reflect upon the corporate culture with respect to the practice of ethics within the organization. What was leadership's role in establishing this culture within the organization? How did power and motivation relate to the degree of ethical conduct?
entry must be at least 200 words. No references or citations are necessary.
J6 Case Study
For this assignment, read the case study, The 1920 Farrow's Bank failure: a case of managerial hubris. This case is located in the ABI/Inform Complete Database found in the CSU Online Library (see reference below).
Hollow, M. (2014). The 1920 farrow's bank failure: A case of managerial hubris? Journal of Management History, 20(2), 164-178.
Thomas Farrow had been evaluated as having been inflicted by managerial hubris at the time of the bank's collapse in 1920. With this in mind, address the following questions, with thorough explanations and well-supported rationale.
- How did corporate culture, leadership, power and motivation affect Thomas' level of managerial hubris?
- Relate managerial hubris to ethical decision making and the overall impact on the business environment.
- Explain the pressures associated with ethical decision making at Farrows Bank.
- Evaluate whether the level of managerial hubris would have been decreased if Farrow Bank had a truly ethical business culture. Could this have affected the final outcome of Farrow Bank? Explain your position.
should be a minimum of three double- spaced pages. References should include your required reading, case study reference plus a minimum of one additional credible reference. All sources used must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations, and cited per A&P guidelines.
- Emma Bunton
- Discount Tutor
- Bethuel Best
- MEERAB NAEEM
- The quA+lity
- Prof. Esmeralda
- Amanda Smith
- Brainy Brian
- Emily Blunt
- Hilary Mantel
- RESPECT WRITER
- KATHERINE BECKS
- Urgent Tutor
- Miss Lynn
- Catherine Owens
- kristine tutor
- kim woods
- Rey writer
- Colossal Genius
- Phd christine
- Ultimate GEEK
- brilliant answers
- ANN HARRIS
- Emily Michael
- Terry Roberts
- Dr Candice_2547
- phyllis young
- Emily Clare
- Wendy Lewis
- wizard kim
- Academic Mentor
- prof avril
- work solutions
- Dr. Elahi
- RELIABLE PAPERS
- Eva Green
- Mary Warnock PhD
- QuALity Assign
- Jenny Boom
- Saad Fahim
- The Knight
- Prof Nato(PhD)
- Short Answer No more than 150- 200 words
- for academic research
- Mathlab 2,3,4,5 labs
- After conducting a thorough security test on the Alexander Rocco network, you have identified several intrusion attempts from sources over the Internet. The hackers haven’t gained access to the internal network yet, but you’re concerned that it’s only a
- NEED IN 10 HOURS NO EXCEPTIONS
- Power point Presentation about doing business in a country.
- Psychodynamic Theory Presentation
- Identity Theft
- wk3 peer